Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to transfermarkt.de Fabian Delph has been out injured for 256 days in the last 2 seasons. I think that says everything. It does not help being good if you are fit less than half of the time. It makes sense to replace him with someone who can contribute.

Don't think he really occupies the same position as Foden or Diaz but he's just not been reliably fit.
Being here will not be helping his career or our performance.
I wish him well elsewhere.
Already Foden is streets ahead of him in my humble opinion.

According to transfermarkt.de Fabian Delph has been out injured for 256 days in the last 2 seasons. I think that says everything. It does not help being good if you are fit less than half of the time. It makes sense to replace him with someone who can contribute.

And what are ilkay's stats for the same period?

If you're making an analogy, at least keep the variables similar. Gundo is a world class player. Delph is okay. A perennially injured Messi is still better than a forever fit Cattermole. Gundo is no Messi and Delph is sure as shit better than Cattermole, but the point remains. There are different tiers of player. The assumptions that are valid for Gundo are not valid for Delph. Gundo was fit for very few games last season. One of those games was against Barcelona, in which he played a very, very important role. Is Delph capable of that level individual brilliance? No? Then your analogy is flawed.

Worse. Obviously the same argument about his value to the team applies to Gündogan.
EDIT: Let me be more precise. I think it is worthwhile to keep Gündogan, but he also needs to be fit to be valuable to us. A fit Gündogan is a much better player than a fit Delph in my opinion.

The point really is that historical data of past injuries is only part of the story. I really like what both Ilkay and Fabian have proved themselves capable of doing. I also believe that both are deserving of staying and given the chance to perform for us. Fab however has, to my mind, never been given the benefit of the doubt, maybe because he is English and didn't cost a fortune. His performances late last season prove his worth. Let's keep him for another season and then judge him

Worse. Obviously the same argument about his value to the team applies to Gündogan.
EDIT: Let me be more precise. I think it is worthwhile to keep Gündogan, but he also needs to be fit to be valuable to us. A fit Gündogan is a much better player than a fit Delph in my opinion.

Worse if you count number of days injured but that's taking into account the summer too when there's no games being played.

Better I think to look at number of games or minutes played over the same time frame if you're comparing.

Gundogan has played 56 games in the past 2 seasons.

Delph has played 40.

Gundogan had played 4, 236 minutes

Delph has played 1,.750

Worse if you count number of days injured but that's taking into account the summer too when there's no games being played.

Better I think to look at number of games or minutes played over the same time frame if you're comparing.

Gundogan has played 56 games in the past 2 seasons.

Delph has played 40.

Gundogan had played 4, 236 minutes

Delph has played 1,.750
You are right, need to look at the right numbers

But again stats can be misleading. Who was competing for Ilkay's position and who for Fab's? Maybe if positions were reversed we might see a different picture.

As I said though I want to keep both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.