Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Mangala a player we beat united to sign at 30 odd mill, young strong and quick is worse business than a 30 year old past it shithouse who flopped at the rags, for 30 odd mill ???

Well, with the sales we've made this window I would say the only players I'm sure will be sold next summer will be Delph, Mangala, and Hart. The rest obviously depend on performances and circumstances.

Good news for his finances in the short term, however with Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundongan, Toure and Fernandinho in midfield I cannot see him getting a game beyond the league cup. No game time is not good for longevity in the game. It shows that he is not so interested in playing football.

Good news for his finances in the short term, however with Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundongan, Toure and Fernandinho in midfield I cannot see him getting a game beyond the league cup. No game time is not good for longevity in the game. It shows that he is not so interested in playing football.
Or perhaps he thinks Fernandinho and Yaya aren't going to play as much as you think (Bernardo, David, Kevin, and Ilkay aren't really his competition). Perhaps he just backs himself to make a claim on the DM/pivot role.

I hope he can stay fit this season. I rate him as a squad player. I think in games against the top sides domestically, and away in Europe he is an excellent player to have available. He can run all game with pace and energy and we lack that in the middle sometimes.

When you have Silva and De Bruyne and a clearly declining Fernandinho you need that player. We were under the cosh against Bournemouth for a while. They were first to everything and hungrier for the ball. Silva and De Bruyne are not interested in a 50/50 tackle in cm, it isnt their strength. Players of poorer ability but more physicality can sometimes impose themselves too easily when that happens. Delph adds that bite.

Against Liverpool for example, he is exactly the player to chase and hassle Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum and allows our better players technically to be in good areas to do damage at the other end. He was effective at Stamford Bridge. I see a role for him.

I hope he can stay fit this season. I rate him as a squad player. I think in games against the top sides domestically, and away in Europe he is an excellent player to have available. He can run all game with pace and energy and we lack that in the middle sometimes.

When you have Silva and De Bruyne and a clearly declining Fernandinho you need that player. We were under the cosh against Bournemouth for a while. They were first to everything and hungrier for the ball. Silva and De Bruyne are not interested in a 50/50 tackle in cm, it isnt their strength. Players of poorer ability but more physicality can sometimes impose themselves too easily when that happens. Delph adds that bite.

Against Liverpool for example, he is exactly the player to chase and hassle Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum and allows our better players technically to be in good areas to do damage at the other end. He was effective at Stamford Bridge. I see a role for him.

I agree.

First thing he needs to do is stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.