Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fabinho is just as capable as Fernando at doing that in the pivot. Plus he's more mobile.

Agreed. I think Fernando will be off this summer. Fabinho is a must buy, especially since rags are convinced he's off to them

Based only on tonight's game, he is not an upgrade on Fernando, playing in a similar role as he is. Unless this is a one off shocker and his performances are regularly night and day compared to this then it's a no thanks from me.

Based only on tonight's game, he is not an upgrade on Fernando, playing in a similar role as he is. Unless this is a one off shocker and his performances are regularly night and day compared to this then it's a no thanks from me.
Think we were interested in him as a rb, since he said he wants to play cm it has gone quiet on him, maybe weve dropped out. I agree there are better options in midfield.

Think we were interested in him as a rb, since he said he wants to play cm it has gone quiet on him, maybe weve dropped out. I agree there are better options in midfield.

Yeah read the RB suggestions as well. Not seen enough of him to completely dismiss the prospect based on one match, but to sign him as a holding midfielder then I'd hope he's considerably better than tonight or if not then I'd hope he's a better RB than he is in midfield.

Not sure he's that great as a rb.

Agree with this

so fabinho has had one poor game and is now shite? I really hope we get him

Nobody is saying he's shite. I'm saying I've not seen much of him but I did watch him being utterly useless for 93minutes last night and IF we are to sign him I hope this was just a bad showing and he's usually much much better than that. He done nothing better than Fernando would do.

Nobody is saying he's shite. I'm saying I've not seen much of him but I did watch him being utterly useless for 93minutes last night and IF we are to sign him I hope this was just a bad showing and he's usually much much better than that. He done nothing better than Fernando would do.

Very, very odd situation this. He is an excellent full back, and almost seemed TOO good at times in the Monaco to just be there
He is a major leader in their side and spent the past few years captaining in certain games, taking all the penalties and being an all round top player from full back
I think mentally he probably believes in his own mind after being put in at CM in an excellent side (going forward anyway), that Cm is his position our right.
Not for me.

The fact Monaco are so good going forward, and pretty woeful at the back, speaks pretty alarmingly about the capabilities of the holding midfielders positioning if anything else. He is a top, top fullback, with a skill-set where he has been able to fill in in Cm and look very good at times, so good he now has a certain arrogance if the rumours are believed, in thinking he is too good to just come to city as a full back
Think it would be a major shame if we miss out on him as a right back, but if he goes to united as a midfielder, I am willing to bet he either flunks or is shifted into full back within 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.