Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are interested in a right back who can play in midfield and is an alternative to Pogba

Hi grim....I see this as a cover for RB and could even be an upgrade over Fernando...He has quicker feet, better control on the ball and a solid tackler, so could slot into that CM position if needed.....He wouldn't be an alternative for Pogba tho...Pogba offers a lot more going forward and a lot more dangerous in front of goal...I see room in the side for both him and Pogba....

Is L'Equipe reliable? I can't recall how many they've had right vs wrong atm

No better or worse than anyone else tbf. They seem to have an inside track on PSG transfers but no idea what they're like with regards Monaco.

Doubt he's coming here to be "cover" to anyone. Most likely long-term replacement for Zabba who doesn't have many prime years left (if any). If he can play CM/DM, that's a good bonus.

I especially love when the possibility of City signing a good young player with upside happens to coincide with taking a player out of reach of the Scum who desperately need a player at that position.
:)

Haven't watched him that much but looked really good going by that video, I remember when Monaco played Arsenal I was concentrating on Kondogbia but I remember thinking how good Fabinho was playing. Looks like he's a defender who likes to win tackles high up the pitch (but like Zaba) which helps if we want to implement a high pressing style. As people have mentioned he can play in midfield so *if* Pep comes next year then we could see him do to Fabinho what he's done with Lahm. Also would explain why Txiki was at the Copa America.

Love when a transfer comes out of nowhere and is seemingly done in days (as far as the public has been made aware). Takes the stress out of it, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.