Facebook listening in

Eeyah... Does that mean if I'm giving them access to my camera they're recording my face all the time as well?
I've been seeing a lot of people online saying Facebook listens to you... It was more or less confirmed (as I don't believe in coincidences) to me recently when I met an old pal and we were talking about people from our youth and one of these people later shows up in friend suggestions!

I know Facebook have denied listening in, but was just wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience?

I have perfected my Pep impersonation and use it in day-to-day conversations around the house. It's a bit of a nuisance that no-one understands me, but at the same time I'm so, so happy that Facebook, Google and their mates are completely baffled.

Slightly different subject but another example of being spied on and controlled

Someone I know went in the apple store enquiring about an upgrade to her phone. She left without going ahead and a day later her iPhone stopped working

Just a heuristic little nudge is all it is. Nothing insidious. These algorithms are completely benign. Data gathering is essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.