Facey and Hiwula pen new 2 year deals

Centurions

Article now up on OS :- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/2014/Facey-and-Hiwula-sign-new-two-year-contracts-at-City

Two of the stars of City Elite Development Squad remarkable season have received the perfect reward for their fine form.

Jordy Hiwula and Shay Facey have signed new two year contracts with the club.

Both players have appeared regularly for Patrick Vieira’s side this season, helping the under-21s to pole position for a place in this season’s four-team Barclays u21 Premier League play-off finals.

Mark Allen has witnessed the duo’s ascents through the age-groups first-hand in his role as the club’s Head of Academy.

He paid tribute to the pair, highlighted Vieira’s part in their development this season and shared his hope that they both go on to forge great careers at City.

“It’s fantastic that they’ve both agreed to stay – it’s commitment from them to the club and from the football club to their development,” Allen smiled.

“Jordy’s shown great dedication to come back from his injury this season and I think that the way he has performed and the desire he has shown to get back to this level is a credit to him.

“He has shown himself to have an unbelievable attitude right throughout the whole academy system. For me, he’s a model professional because he listens and he does everything he possibly can to get the most out of himself.

“Patrick’s been a great role model for Shay in terms of leadership and I’m delighted to see how much he’s taken everything Patrick has given him on board.

“The team have helped with that too, they’ve taken Shay on to a new level that we all knew he was capable of and it’s just so pleasing to see it coming to fruition.

“He’s received international honours now and we believe he can kick on even further now.”

The Blues currently lie in fourth place in the division but could go top if they win their three games in hand on leaders Fulham after an incredible run which has seen them beaten only once in 17 matches in all competitions.

Hiwula is the team’s top scorer, netting 19 goals in 23 games, including seven in his last three appearances.

The 19-year old scored four goals in the 6-0 win over Blackburn Rovers at Leigh Sports Village just ten days ago, before following it up with a brace in the 6-2 win over Sunderland at the Etihad and another poacher’s effort in Tuesday’s cup victory over Burnley.

No-one has played more games than EDS vice captain Facey this season.

The England u19 international has turned out on 28 occasions across four competitions, enjoying a regular partnership with Jason Denayer at the heart of defence.

It’s a back-line which has conceded just 21 goals in the league – the division’s second best record.

“It doesn’t surprise me how much he's improved, but I think Shay has surprised himself this season and he is now one of the leaders in this group,” Vieira told mcfc.co.uk.

“His concentration, his determination, his focus to be successful is unbelievable.

“I think he’s one of the players who has improved mentally the most and that’s really pleasing.”

Allen also added that it’s of great benefit to the Elite Development Squad to have two players who have been at the club for a number of years.

Both players have been at City for more than a decade.

“It’s critical that we still have players around who can show the newer boys what it’s about to be at Manchester City,” said Allen.

“They can help educate the newer players in what the club stands for and for me, these two are examples of the kind of players and the kind of people we want to be producing.

"They’re great role models.”

Facey and Hiwula are next in action on Monday night when they travel to Boreham Wood FC to take on Arsenal.

A win there could take Vieira’s men up as high as second.

What? Well they aren't nowhere the quality of the 1st team anytime soon or maybe won't be at all, which is likely. But I guess Txiki knows what he is doing.

Great news.

In Facey's case,i'd have liked him to have been given an opportunity by now,however,a 2 year deal is a decent chance for them both to push on and prove themselves.

Facey must surely be good for a loan?

JaviGarciaShow said:
What? Well they aren't nowhere the quality of the 1st team anytime soon or maybe won't be at all, which is likely. But I guess Txiki knows what he is doing.

Watch a lot of EDS games from Finland do we?

Well deserved. Facey has come on leaps and bounds since Vieira took over and Hiwula has been banging them in for fun.

I'd like to see Hiwula on loan somewhere next year. He's a goalscorer, but it would be interesting to see if he can keep up the scoring against seasoned defenders, not sure how much more he's going to learn about goal poaching when playing against inexperienced defenders

I know Facey is highly thought of by a few, but does Hiwula have a realistic chance of breaking into the first team? I would have thought the players coming through at younger age levels would push him out.

I've seen hiwula on the city website and he has a wicked shot on him and reminds me of viera when he first came to arsenal...
I'd expect these two to be training with the 1st team next year.

JaviGarciaShow said:

Judging from this and your past posts, you're definitely not a City fan and here on the wind up. Which is fair enough, provided the football in Trafford has been absolutely diabolical without precious little Ferguson there to intimidate the officials. Welcome to the forum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.