Failed managers as pundits

It is an entertainment product unfortunately and the TV producers will choose the pundit based more so on their fame factor, their actual profile in the game rather than actual knowledge on the game.

I've seen some right numpties who don't have a fucking clue when talking about football but have world cup medals and all the rest of it.

The day the TV shows become less of a celebrity love fest and get some no named Bloke who's a superb coach and has a vast amount of wealth in football knowledge is the day you'll see intellect on football analysis shows.

If anyone remembers the 1982 WC Brian Clough did a fairly frank and honest job as a pundit. I'm not sure he got asked again.

A bit off topic but not worth its own thread:

I don't think Craig Burley or Shakar Hislop ever managed, but I had the misfortune of their 'expert' opinion of the Hull/City game. As ex-pros, they could not have watched that game and genuinely believed what they were saying - apparently it was a 'tough watch', Hull had 'chances' and something about Guardiola underachieving. And there was me thinking we won 3-0, comfortably

A bit off topic but not worth its own thread:

I don't think Craig Burley or Shakar Hislop ever managed, but I had the misfortune of their 'expert' opinion of the Hull/City game. As ex-pros, they could not have watched that game and genuinely believed what they were saying - apparently it was a 'tough watch', Hull had 'chances' and something about Guardiola underachieving. And there was me thinking we won 3-0, comfortably

All due respect,but I'd agree,Hull did have their chances,and it was a "tough watch" till about 70mins in....IMO.
But yes,3-0....job done.

Most of the pundits are ****s. Danny ****ing Murphy and Michael Owen the little fucking weasels. Champagne Charlie fucking 60 yr old with streaked hair and ear rings the ponse bumming thompson or lawro, Merson the crack head. I could go on and on with the bunch of wankers. I'd rather listen to Carrick fan or Andy tato heads opinions!

Stuart Pearce had the gig for a while until they all agreed he's a boring ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.