Failed managers as pundits

All due respect,but I'd agree,Hull did have their chances,and it was a "tough watch" till about 70mins in....IMO.
But yes,3-0....job done.

Hull had 1 chance, a lump into the penalty area which any team can create against another - hardly a stick to beat City with

As for a 'hard watch', I agree weren't like Barca at their best but this was away from home, during a busy period. I'm quite glad we took it easy, no need to run round like madmen with Liverpool coming up. Non of these mitigating factors were mentioned, I'd expect ex-pros to understand this

Oh, we were also 'second best by far' V Chelsea, again, no one can really believe that. Yes the did a job on us but it was our own fault

ESPN FC is aimed at the US market, so I think they have to be quite aggressive with what they say, and also quite basic. That is what annoys me most, TV execs and pundits seem to think football fans are thick so do not deliver proper analysis

The fact that Gary Neville gets called an 'excellent pundit' by mixing a few cliches with a few Ferguson method stories & reciting bits of the FA coaching manual, just shows how bad the standard is imo.

There's a video out there somewhere with Jamie Carragher, on Sky, explaining to him what zonal marking is, because he's sick of hearing him blaming it for stuff when he's talking through his arse.

Ex players talking about similar current players who play like them, & have to deal with the same problems, can be insightful. But as soon as they go a step further, they all become one dimensional & can't think outside their own methods.

The best thing would be having more managers who were actually any good, talking about stuff.

It would be great having Klopp v Mancini for example, discussing how they would approach a similar problem. That's if they would be honest about it & celebrate their differences.

If you put Fat Sam & Harry on the same thing, they would agree on everything & pat each other on the back.

Hull had 1 chance, a lump into the penalty area which any team can create against another - hardly a stick to beat City with

As for a 'hard watch', I agree weren't like Barca at their best but this was away from home, during a busy period. I'm quite glad we took it easy, no need to run round like madmen with Liverpool coming up. Non of these mitigating factors were mentioned, I'd expect ex-pros to understand this

Oh, we were also 'second best by far' V Chelsea, again, no one can really believe that. Yes the did a job on us but it was our own fault

ESPN FC is aimed at the US market, so I think they have to be quite aggressive with what they say, and also quite basic. That is what annoys me most, TV execs and pundits seem to think football fans are thick so do not deliver proper analysis

Hull had 10 shots,3 of which were on target....they are "chances",IMO.

Yeah,that's fair enough mate,as I said in my original post,it was just opinion.
Surely though you Gotta class a shot on target as a chance?

No, I don't. A shot from 30yards that the keeper easily deals with, is not a 'chance' - I view a chance as being close to a goal I.e a cross that someone gets a connection with or is close to connecting with, a one-on-one, a close shot etc. Basically, I don't view long range shots as chances as the chance of it going in is slim

So; say someone sees the keeper off the line and tries a 50 yard punt, only for the ball to loop gently into the keeper's arms. Is that a "chance"? Opta might say it is, but come on.

I agree with that Jim,but all Hulls efforts wasn't 50 yard punts......all I said was I agreed with whatever pundit said "it was a tough watch and hull had their chances"

I said they did have chances and it was a tough watch up to about 70 mins.

I agree with that Jim,but all Hulls efforts wasn't 50 yard punts......all I said was I agreed with whatever pundit said "it was a tough watch and hull had their chances"

I said they did have chances and it was a tough watch up to about 70 mins.
Agree with you about the tough watch, but Hull had precious few chances, really. I don't think many on here would be tearing their hair out if those chances were at the other end and had been missed.

Those of you lucky enough to have hair!

Agree with you about the tough watch, but Hull had precious few chances, really. I don't think many on here would be tearing their hair out if those chances were at the other end and had been missed.

Those of you lucky enough to have hair!

Fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.