Failure to update Windows

Zubrman

I have had the recurring problem of 'Failure to update Windows - Reverting changes' for about a month now.

Whilst installing the update, my screen reads that it has istalled 72% then pauses, then reaches 81%, thinks for a while and then says 'Failure to update, reverting changes'.

I ran several Windows Update troubleshooting aids, but same old same old.

I ran the updates with my external drive plugged in, unplugged, in another room and so on.

So, if it isn't bad cat aids, what can I try?

*awaits deluge of sarcy replies or tumbleweed*

Zubrman said:
I have had the recurring problem of 'Failure to update Windows - Reverting changes' for about a month now.

Whilst installing the update, my screen reads that it has istalled 72% then pauses, then reaches 81%, thinks for a while and then says 'Failure to update, reverting changes'.

I ran several Windows Update troubleshooting aids, but same old same old.

I ran the updates with my external drive plugged in, unplugged, in another room and so on.

So, if it isn't bad cat aids, what can I try?

*awaits deluge of sarcy replies or tumbleweed*

If you have a load of updates that are wanting to be installed then the best way (I have done this in the past) I have found is to.
1. Go to the update page.
2. deselect all updates that are available (you can click the link that says View all updates)
3. Select one update at a time and install.
4. repeat until you hit one that will not update.
5. Skip this one and continue until you have updated all the ones you can.
6. Do any restarts and then repeat from point 1.

If you only have one update available I am afraid my Knowledge on what you might try comes to an end.

I had this issue when I tried to install 200 Windows updates at once. My solution was to uncheck all the updates and install 10-20 updates at a time took a bit longer but didn't encounter any issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.