Fallout 4

Thought it was next Friday :/ will be getting it, i still have 1 and 2 on my steam account, love Bethesda games, nerd heaven

Ordered it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. £40 and free delivery on the xbox one which was the best deal. Still got Fallout 3 on the 360 and that's one of the backwards compatibility games. Reports that people are getting the game early though deliveries so I'm hoping it happens to me!

Ordered it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. £40 and free delivery on the xbox one which was the best deal. Still got Fallout 3 on the 360 and that's one of the backwards compatibility games. Reports that people are getting the game early though deliveries so I'm hoping it happens to me!

I can't wait mate. It looks superb, map the same size as Skyrim but more dense apparently. Will take an age to go through.

I can't wait mate. It looks superb, map the same size as Skyrim but more dense apparently. Will take an age to go through.

Seen that the main story takes about 60 hours then at least another 400 hours to do everything else. Really excited about how they are going to implement mods into consoles. Got skyrim on pc and the mods just turn it into a different game

Love the fallout series, but the size of games now is fecking ridiculous(oh how bad is my life) got loads of Witcher to finish having left it for AC Sydicate fallout next...so many games so little time

Can somebody provide a summary on what this game entails? I've seen a couple of trailers, never played previous games but looks an open world survival game where you build a base and fend off post nuclear apocalyptic monsters.

Can somebody provide a summary on what this game entails? I've seen a couple of trailers, never played previous games but looks an open world survival game where you build a base and fend off post nuclear apocalyptic monsters.
It's set in an atompunk styled universe where pre-war society was basically the 1950's. Set 200+ years after US and China nuke each other in 2077. If it's anything like previous games then your weapons degrade every time you fire, so you'll need to repair them fairly often, same with armour conditions. Enemies are varied, ranging from mad max style raiders, regular townsfolk, cannibals, enlarged insects and arachnids, feral animals such as dogs to bears, feral ghouls (humans exposed to radiation who mutate into deranged, zombie like creatures) Super Mutants (mutated humans thanks to a virus) and Deathclaws (bullet sponges, don't even think about taking them on as a low level)

Everything is irradiated, water, food, environment, so healing yourself means having to reduce your radiation at the same time; too many rads and you die. The build a base thing is only an option, like Hearthfire in Skyrim. You can avoid building a base at all and it'll have no impact on the gameplay. The storylines in the past have ranged from:

- F1: Leave the vault to find a water chip as the current one is broken and the vault will run out of safe water to drink. (Vault Dweller)
- F2: Cross the wasteland to find a G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit) to restore life to the wasteland (Chosen One)
- F3: Vault 101 has never been opened, until your daddy decides to ruin everything by opening the door to venture out into the wasteland and you have to go out and find him and why he did. (Lone Wanderer)
- F:New Vegas: You're shot in the head and have a platinum poker chip stolen from you. Cross the Mojave Wasteland to find New Vegas to get answers as to why. (The Courier)
- F4: It's 2077, so we finally get to see what happened when the bombs drop. You reach vault 111 where you awaken to find it's 200 years later. (Sole Survivor)

As for what to expect, goofy/serious storylines in side quests, dark humour, gore, violence, options to resolve issues through diplomacy (if shooting everything in sight isn't your forte) companions to help you in your journey, a 'karma' system where good choices are rewarded and evil choices....are weirdly also rewarded but in a different way; you don't HAVE to play as a moral character, you can be a ruthlessely evil bastard and the people in the world react to it. Exploring atmospheric ruins set against the backdrop of a world where the transistor never existed, accompanied by a soundtrack with music from the 1950's. If you played Skyrim, expect the same style of gameplay from levelling up, how you choose to do missions, free roaming, exploration, weapons and armour (you don't have to shoot everything, you can also create melee weapons). It's a great way to waste 200+ hours.

Last edited:
It's set in an atompunk styled universe where pre-war society was basically the 1950's. Set 200+ years after US and China nuke each other in 2077. If it's anything like previous games then your weapons degrade every time you fire, so you'll need to repair them fairly often, same with armour conditions. Enemies are varied, ranging from mad max style raiders, regular townsfolk, cannibals, enlarged insects and arachnids, feral animals such as dogs to bears, feral ghouls (humans exposed to radiation who mutate into deranged, zombie like creatures) Super Mutants (mutated humans thanks to a virus) and Deathclaws (bullet sponges, don't even think about taking them on as a low level)

Everything is irradiated, water, food, environment, so healing yourself means having to reduce your radiation at the same time; too many rads and you die. The build a base thing is only an option, like Hearthfire in Skyrim. You can avoid building a base at all and it'll have no impact on the gameplay. The storylines in the past have ranged from:

- F1: Leave the vault to find a water chip as the current one is broken and the vault will run out of safe water to drink. (Vault Dweller)
- F2: Cross the wasteland to find a G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit) to restore life to the wasteland (Chosen One)
- F3: Vault 101 has never been opened, until your daddy decides to ruin everything by opening the door to venture out into the wasteland and you have to go out and find him and why he did. (Lone Wanderer)
- F:New Vegas: You're shot in the head and have a platinum poker chip stolen from you. Cross the Mojave Wasteland to find New Vegas to get answers as to why. (The Courier)
- F4: It's 2077, so we finally get to see what happened when the bombs drop. You reach vault 111 where you awaken to find it's 200 years later. (Sole Survivor)

As for what to expect, goofy/serious storylines in side quests, dark humour, gore, violence, options to resolve issues through diplomacy (if shooting everything in sight isn't your forte) companions to help you in your journey, a 'karma' system where good choices are rewarded and evil choices....are weirdly also rewarded but in a different way; you don't HAVE to play as a moral character, you can be a ruthlessely evil bastard and the people in the world react to it. Exploring atmospheric ruins set against the backdrop of a world where the transistor never existed, accompanied by a soundtrack with music from the 1950's. If you played Skyrim, expect the same style of gameplay from levelling up, how you choose to do missions, free roaming, exploration, weapons and armour (you don't have to shoot everything, you can also create melee weapons). It's a great way to waste 200+ hours.

Cheers, that's made the 50s references clearer. Sounds pretty good!

I still have MGS and the Witcher 3 to complete. On top of that Star Wars Battlefront has been pre-ordered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.