Famous Salfordians

Saw the brilliant Elkie, along with the equally brilliant Robert Palmer, performing as Vinegar Joe in the late sixties at some dingy club in London.
They were supporting Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and were fucking outstanding, one of the best bands I've ever seen.

Went to see Elkie Brookes when she went solo, rubbish, was expecting maybe a few Vinegar Joe songs, was like listening to supermarket music.

Eric and Ernie Peters were my great uncles. Used own all the bookies in Salford, more local fame though.

Ting Tings are not from Salford. The female singer is from the Leigh/Wigan area and the bloke is a southerner. Oh, and they are shite.

The Ting Tings do originate from Salford. My brother knows the lead singer's dad from being on the taxis.

Tony Warren is a distant relative. Part of the Campbell Clan! who I've been told brought the first curry to Salford (picked up the recipes from family being out in India with the British Army donkeys years ago!).

Steve Coogan not from Salford ?

Also someone put Jason Manford, thought he was from Chorlton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.