Faouzi Ghoulam

Wasnt sure what title to do as a number of players mentioned in report....

The report mentions we also interested in Valencia's Joao Cancelo and Benfica's Nelson Semedo for the right-back spot. I think what gets me frustrated is that Denayer is lighting it up for Galatasaray at"right back and this one of the areas we need a young replacement....Maybe this is the position we should be looking at for Denayer, when he returns from loan??....(was his loan deal 2 years?)

Napoli star watched by City again
MAN CITY, LATEST NEWS UPDATE: OCTOBER 05, 2015 11:27 AM

Manchester City are back on the trail of Algeria left-back Faouzi Ghoulam and watched him in Napoli's win at Legia Warsaw on Thursday

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/napoli-star-watched-by-city-again-1784254.html?

Maffeo?

Denayer is a fine rightback defensively, but he's not really getting up/down the pitch for attacks.

I very much doubt we will be in for these players, don’t doubt we are scouting them and making subtle enquiries but that doesn’t mean we are even close to considering bidding.

Firstly we would need players to leave to create the room on the squad list. Given Denyer’s home grown status he is a shoe in for our first team squad next year and will fit in nicely to the MDM role covering CB and DM. I don’t see him as a right back but he could do a job as cover. But swapping MDM for Denayer doesn’t automatically create a spot as we still have Nacho and Zucolini who could take that spot!

Maffeo?

Denayer is a fine rightback defensively, but he's not really getting up/down the pitch for attacks.

Like for like replacement for Sagna then, until he moves into the centre or even midfield.

One of the things that City need to ensure is that future LBs and RBs have some height. We get done by the back post striker too often. Having some height on the flanks is also our outlet for Joe when teams play the high press. This fella looks good in a few minutes of highlights, but then we would all be dreaming ourselves over Kolarov's highlight reel, too, but not too many are too high on him when they watch him for 90 mins every game......???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.