Farage School Letter

Chancy Termites said:
Damocles said:
TGR said:
Fuck me - 'The Establishment' must be getting very worried indeed if they are now resorting to this type of stuff.
Its a very fine line at the moment as it's almost a case of 'any publicity is good publicity' for UKIP as it
raises their profile just days before the Euro elections.
UKIP are rocking the boat and the rats are starting to get very jumpy!

This is either a fake or complete and total desperation or even possibly both.

"The Establishment"?

Bloody hell, you lot are like student Marxists thinking you're "sticking it to the man". I don't think there's anybody about from sensible Tories who dislike UKIP or their involvement in politics. Most people are praying that they'll get even more popular. They're pulling from the same pond as Tories. It's classic votesplitting.

Anyone thinking of voting UKIP can safely ignore this for several reasons. Firstly in the European elections, the vote is based on proportional representation so every additional vote counts; it's not a case of depriving party B to the benefit of party C. Secondly in both European and local council elections, turnout is traditionally very low. This means that every single voter who does make the effort actually has far more effect than just the single vote they make. Thirdly, while it is true that UKIP attracts more voters from the 'Conservatives' than other 'parties'' it is nowhere near the proportion that those who seek to keep the old guard and their dear friends in finance, big business and the media in power would like to make out.

Merely voting for the red establishment candidate because you don't like the blue one, then voting for the blue one because you don't like the red one, is precisely the reason our political classes have become the stinking mire of corruption and self interest that we all suffer today. As long as people think it's not worth voting, as long as people think that changing the colour of the old rosettes actually means something, the more they will squeal with delight.

Farage and his posh buddies in UKIP are no alternative to the established big 3 parties 'tho are they? same old public schoolboys pretending to speak for the commoner - they're a hopeless bunch of dinosaurs with the worst kind of scare politics to confuse the dim of wit and the gullible.

I see Britain First (think EDL pre-meltdown) are offering their para-military "protection" to UKIP on their campaign trail, think that says all you need to know about these clowns.

<a class="postlink" href="http://thetarge.co.uk/article/current-affairs/0262/farright-promise-army-defence-for-farage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thetarge.co.uk/article/current-a ... for-farage</a>

BigJimLittleJim said:
Chancy Termites said:
Damocles said:
"The Establishment"?

Bloody hell, you lot are like student Marxists thinking you're "sticking it to the man". I don't think there's anybody about from sensible Tories who dislike UKIP or their involvement in politics. Most people are praying that they'll get even more popular. They're pulling from the same pond as Tories. It's classic votesplitting.

Anyone thinking of voting UKIP can safely ignore this for several reasons. Firstly in the European elections, the vote is based on proportional representation so every additional vote counts; it's not a case of depriving party B to the benefit of party C. Secondly in both European and local council elections, turnout is traditionally very low. This means that every single voter who does make the effort actually has far more effect than just the single vote they make. Thirdly, while it is true that UKIP attracts more voters from the 'Conservatives' than other 'parties'' it is nowhere near the proportion that those who seek to keep the old guard and their dear friends in finance, big business and the media in power would like to make out.

Merely voting for the red establishment candidate because you don't like the blue one, then voting for the blue one because you don't like the red one, is precisely the reason our political classes have become the stinking mire of corruption and self interest that we all suffer today. As long as people think it's not worth voting, as long as people think that changing the colour of the old rosettes actually means something, the more they will squeal with delight.

Farage and his posh buddies in UKIP are no alternative to the established big 3 parties 'tho are they? same old public schoolboys pretending to speak for the commoner - they're a hopeless bunch of dinosaurs with the worst kind of scare politics to confuse the dim of wit and the gullible.

I see Britain First (think EDL pre-meltdown) are offering their para-military "protection" to UKIP on their campaign trail, think that says all you need to know about these clowns.

<a class="postlink" href="http://thetarge.co.uk/article/current-affairs/0262/farright-promise-army-defence-for-farage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thetarge.co.uk/article/current-a ... for-farage</a>

Hang on, you just went from 'UKIP promote scare politics' to 'UKIP are in league with Britain First' in the space of one sentence. Ironic.

Anyone who's been a member of Britain First or the BNP is barred even from joining UKIP, let alone standing for them. There are, I believe, 9 Labour councillors who used to be in the BNP. I admire UKIP's stance of opposing such racist organisations by their deeds, rather than merely paying lip service to the idea.

I don't know what proportion of UKIP members / councillors / Euro MPs went to private schools so I'm interested to see your figures.

Chancy Termites said:
Anyone who's been a member of Britain First or the BNP is barred even from joining UKIP, let alone standing for them. There are, I believe, 9 Labour councillors who used to be in the BNP. I admire UKIP's stance of opposing such racist organisations by their deeds, rather than merely paying lip service to the idea.

Labour don't need to have massive warnings all over their joining pages that any people from racist organisations will be banned because they don't attract racist supporters. UKIP itself proudly claims that it has attracted a wealth of BNP voters. So they want the racists who vote for the BNP but not the people who might have made the mistake to sign up.

Essentially, they want all of the power of them but none of the political responsibility and you're calling this something other than a carefully orchestrated PR move?

It's pretty simple here; if it smells like a fish, looks like a fish and tastes like a fish, it's probably a fish.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/13/british-asian-ukip-supporter-quits-party-racist-populism-sanya-jeet-thandi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... eet-thandi</a>

I'm no fan of farage or UKIP, but it does seem strange that the media and other politicians are resorting to smear tactics rather than debate on policy. Even the unpleasant stuff in this letter is not actually witnessed by the author, but all 'he said, she said' tittle tattle.
I'm not saying Farage isn't a shitty little nazi, but I'd like to think we have a more mature democracy and journalism in the uk than this level of bollocks.

Chancy Termites said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
Chancy Termites said:

Anyone who's been a member of Britain First or the BNP is barred even from joining UKIP, let alone standing for them.

And I presume all potential UKIP party members are rigorously checked with membership lists of Britain First, or the BNP, or the League of Saint George, or Combat 18, or the National Front, or any other bunch of neo-Nazi basket cases?
Or is it just a quick 'look - we know you don't like darkies - that's why your joining us - well neither do we, but try and keep it quiet, there's a good chap?'
Every other day a prospective parliamentary UKIP candidate says something daft and Smiley Nige has to do the sack cloth and ashes routine and deselect them.
The media don't need to pursue an agenda to reveal UKIP racism and stupidity - just giving their candidates a platform and a microphone is sufficient for them to do that all by themselves.

Helmet Cole said:
I'm no fan of farage or UKIP, but it does seem strange that the media and other politicians are resorting to smear tactics rather than debate on policy. Even the unpleasant stuff in this letter is not actually witnessed by the author, but all 'he said, she said' tittle tattle.
I'm not saying Farage isn't a shitty little nazi, but I'd like to think we have a more mature democracy and journalism in the uk than this level of bollocks.
What's in this letter has mostly been confirmed by Farage and someone else who was there though. The only thing both Farage and the other guy whose views metalblue posted have disagreed with were that Hitler Youth songs were sung. OK, I believe that. Their explanations ring true that they wouldn't have known Hitler Youth songs. What has been confirmed though is that racist songs were sung and Farage himself said he expressed 'ridiculous' 'offensive' but 'not necessarily racist' views in the classroom. To me, that's an acknowledgement that even if he wasn't necessarily being racist or HE believed he wasn't being racist, even he admits he said things that could be easily taken as racist, as well as a schoolfriend of Farage's admitting he did participate in singing racist songs.

To me, it's the by the by though, you could argue that aged 17 when this letter was written he ought to have known better but I expressed support for the Labour party and Tony Blair at that age so I'll not judge too harshly. What concerns me more though is the constant stream of racists that join UKIP and the fact that aged 33 (when he definitely should know better) he was knocking around with BNP types like Mark Deavin and Tony Lecomber,

Helmet Cole said:

That would be good if UKIP had any policy, Farage vehemently denied they had a manifesto on QT the other week and distanced himself from their previous one. All he does is bleat on about how he's different from the establishment despite being privately educated, a former stockbroker, a Conservative party member from his school days to 1992 and having been an MEP for 15 years. How much more 'establishment' could he be?

WRONG

Letters were, and still are when I write them, set out with my address top right followed by recipient's address below far left.
It was how it was done back then.
It is the way it is done now.

i'm with you my address top right, indented, date below that, recipients address below that to the left. If t wasn't done like that my dad ripped it up and i had to do it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.