Favourite commentators/pundits

Big Blue Swede

With all this shit about crap pundits and commentators.. It's about time we had some positivity.

Alan Smith, Andy Townsend, Chris Kamara and Jeff Stelling for me.
Andy Gray used to be up there aswell, but only because I could shout 'Fuck off Andy Gray' to almost everything he said.

It might not be a popular choice but i like listening to Souness as i think he talks a lot of sense.

He says it how it is and doesn't suck up to anyone, he never sits on the fence.

Don't really like any, if and when I watch a game on tv all I need to know who is in posession of the ball. Commentators talk way too much, then at half and full time the game is over analysed.

Danamy said:
It might not be a popular choice but i like listening to Souness as i think he talks a lot of sense.

Souness is head and shoulders above all of the pundits in England talks sense and I hope Sky use more of him now that Gray is gone knows more about football than Gray ever did. Also like Wilkins but I think he will end up back coaching some club than stick around at Sky. Robbie Savage has the makings of a decent pundit but I hope it isnt a false dawn.

Stuart Hall wins hands down for me - lends a poetry and vibrancy to the most mundane of Saturday afternoon fixtures. And he's a City fan, to boot.

Good shout on Souness too - great player, crap Manager, great pundit - he has a freshness from being genuinely unencumbered by anyone else's agenda - he tells it as he sees it, and isn't some fawning Sky 4 sycophant like Keys and Gray used to be.

Danamy said:

THIS!!!!!

I thought Davids and Seedorf were absolutely miles above anybody else who I have seen on TV in England, during their short stints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.