Favourite Trainers - Past/Present

Ive also got a pair of samba that i got in new york but they arent the same samba's as you get here. have yet to see them in the shops here but would get another pair when they do get her.

Adidas rule

only ever adidas (bar an all white pair of classics bought in America)
blue gazelle for years, then campus
now got superstars, stan smith (lace not strap), chile 62,(all in white) cup 68 (brown/blue)
and contrary to earlier post - dont think you can beat a nice pair of brand new white trainers

cant stand any of these new multi colour skateboard type trainers

simonk said:
now got superstars, stan smith (lace not strap), chile 62,(all in white) cup 68 (brown/blue)
and contrary to earlier post - dont think you can beat a nice pair of brand new white trainers

Always Adidas... for the discerning trainer wearer it has to be "Superstars",
nothing beats the shell-toe design. It's as classic as an E-type jag or a Barcelona chair.

I bought a very good pair of North Face trail shoes in Grasmere in a sale for £30 last week which are the business for off-road running

Patrick brown three strap, 90% off, three quid. comfy as. my brother no longer wants to be associated.

Swales lives said:
simonk said:

Always Adidas... for the discerning trainer wearer it has to be "Superstars",
nothing beats the shell-toe design. It's as classic as an E-type jag or a Barcelona chair.
I have this fantastic pair of steel-cap Superstars. Dark brown with a white toe and a fluoro yellow tag at the bag.

From a range I've never heard of before "Adidas Safety". Apparently based on Japanese workwear or summat.

I had a pair of Green Pumas in about `79 with a Lime green stripe, and I have never seen a better pair since. They were robbed from Germany so noone else had a pair which was cool.

I wore them to death at the time and there might be some on here who remember me wearing them

simonk said:

got to agree about superstars... i have a pair of these... ancient, but comfy and cool... and still got plenty of life in them.
ADIDAS1.jpg

when they give up the ghost i'll get another pair.

Blue Dan said:
I'm a big fan of Converse All Star and Chuck Taylor. They fall apart after a few months but cool kicks nontheless.

Totally agree. And they acquire that scruffy look so quickly. They're a timeless classic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.