FC Basel V City Trip

I’m in Basel now, got here today, it’s been very quiet (Sundays are like that here), the myth is not wrong, it’s extortionate for alcohol! Beers are approx 9 Euro a pint and they are 2euro 90 in the supermarket! Having said that, it’s a great place and the locals love us and our money! CTID!

I’m in Basel now, got here today, it’s been very quiet (Sundays are like that here), the myth is not wrong, it’s extortionate for alcohol! Beers are approx 9 Euro a pint and they are 2euro 90 in the supermarket! Having said that, it’s a great place and the locals love us and our money! CTID!

Whats the temprature, espesh in the evening, will i need thermals/long johns !

You using euros or Swiss francs mate ?

If you've got a booking confirmation for your hotel, you should be able to use trams to get to your hotel (where you should get a mobility ticket for use on public transport). If I'm wrong, it's only a 60 CHF fine for traveling without a ticket!

Thanks guys.
If this works I'll be buzzing. Long long road to go mind.
The daft thing is I'm beginning to duck home games.
That cant be right lol.

Get well pal not the same without you

You should order a "Grosses Bier" thats 0.5dl and will cost around CHF 6.-, or a "Stange Bier" thats 0.33dl and will cost around CHF 4.-.
Both times you will get local beer.

Only foreign beers in the irish or english pubs are around CHF 9 - 12.

Normally away fans meet in the Mr. Pickwicks Pub. The prices are higher there. But normally they sell 0.5dl cans (Feldschlösschen) on match day for lower prices.

Or you go to a local pub (there are plenty around the Pickwicks) and you'll pay less.

Last edited:
You should order a "Grosses Bier" thats 0.5dl and will cost around CHF 6.-, or a "Stange Bier" thats 0.33dl and will cost around CHF 4.-.
Both times you will get local beer.

Only foreign beers in the irish or english pubs are around CHF 9 - 12.

Normally away fans meet in the Mr. Pickwicks Pub. The prices are higher there. But normally they sell 0.5dl cans (Feldschlösschen) on match day for lower prices.

Or you go to a local pub (there are plenty around the Pickwicks) and you'll pay less.

Cheers for the heads up, now for a weather report, Mrs Mist says it will be minus 3 tomorrow night !!! Is she right ? I dont have any gloves never mind thermals.

Weather reports suggest it's around 4" degrees by day tomorrow and 1" in the evening, best we wrap up warm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.