FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Serge for me!
Keeper was no more than 6 feet from the post but the swerve, dip and surprise element rendered him statuesque!
....he was shit tho :-)

Not sure where the venom is coming from, mate. I was just commenting on us being brilliant but still having room for improvement, as Pep has said many times. This profession reference was just to say I’ve found that mentality helpful, as I am sure you have in what you do, perfect world or not.
You are either a very sensitive soul or have had a sense of humor by pass , personally i belong to the Botch it and Leg it fraternity , that perfection lark isnt all its cracked up to be :) smiley added this time.

Does make you wonder how United lost to them doesn't it? Because we've just smashed them while barely getting out of third gear, while using the game as a training excerise for players returning from injury. Shame they didn't get Shaktar in this round so we could see how it would have gone if the tides were turned

I don't wonder too much. They were frightened of us, and they weren't of United, like most everyone else.

To be fair, I thought we were well out of third gear. Our ball movement was very quick. Looks like we knew their keeper was sluggish off his spot given that we scored from distance four times.

It was 4-0 with a 2nd leg at home still to play, against a team notorious for poor performances and heavy defeats away from home. It’s not like we were taking a major risk by dropping the intensity to conserve energy. So fucking what if we concede, as long as we qualify for the next round the job is done. It was the perfect time to let the players chill and relax.
That wasn’t Kompany’s view. A drop in intensity would lose the frame of mind that carries them through to each subsequent game.

It seems @80s Shorts, @BigOscar, I, and a few others warmed up the crowd for you—we have been making the same point but didn’t get the same reception.

It’s all in the delivery and you’ve got it. ;-)
Well that makes a fucking change SB. ;)
No absolutely delighted with not only the result but how the rest of Europe must now perceive us as genuine contenders after a result like that

Why have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind that our defense is shite because we "almost" gave up goals in a Champions League match we won away FOUR TO FUCKING NIL?

See, the way it works is, the team that scores the most goals in an actual match -- not the hypothetical one you appear to want to discuss -- wins.

If you want to start a Post-Hypothetical-Match-I-Made-Up-In-My-Head Where-City-Lose-To-Basel thread, be my guest. My prediction: it'll have one post in it.
Nail...on..head.

Thank you!

Why have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind that our defense is shite because we "almost" gave up goals in a Champions League match we won away FOUR TO FUCKING NIL?

See, the way it works is, the team that scores the most goals in an actual match -- not the hypothetical one you appear to want to discuss -- wins.

If you want to start a Post-Hypothetical-Match-I-Made-Up-In-My-Head Where-City-Lose-To-Basel thread, be my guest. My prediction: it'll have one post in it.

Who said "our defense is shite" ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.