FC United Thread

They're entertaining my beloved Hereford FC in July and I will be going. If I have the misfortune to mingle with their fans then I'll ask ridiculous questions pretending I don't already know the answers.

Bloody Hell who's left

Statement to members from the FC United Board

The club has been notified that with effect from 5pm on Friday 6 May 2016 board members Mike Sherrard, Kate Ramsey and Des Lynch will resign from the board of FC United of Manchester.

In a joint statement, they said:

"It is with great regret that we have come to this decision. At the April board meeting, we all agreed to continue in post until an extraordinary general meeting could be held. We did so as we recognised the need for an EGM to form a new board, but wanted to continue supporting club staff in managing the day-to-day running of the club until that time.

“Since that meeting, however, we have witnessed a continuation and indeed escalation of the ongoing campaign to remove individual board members. The actions of some members, and non-members, fly in the face of the democratic principles our club is founded on and have no place in civilised society. We deplore the use of physical and cyber intimidation and have done our best to withstand it for many months, but enough is enough.

“The fact that staff members and volunteers alike have at various times come to fear for their own safety, and for the safety of their families, is appalling.

“In addition, the repeated leaking of confidential board discussions to those who are waging a campaign of hatred means that it has become impossible for the current board to operate in any meaningful way.

“We sincerely hope that the co-owners of this wonderful club find a way to overcome the challenges it faces, and that FC United continues to gain experience and so grow the movement of supporter ownership we all believe in."

Regards
The FC United of Manchester Board

I propose we form a consortium of investors – the blue knights! The way this is going FCUM will be in administration within 12 months and at that point the assets will be sold to the highest bidder. That is where we step in with our generous bid – what we offer is a harmonious group of fans who will support the club although with a few changes notably in the colour of the kit to sky blue and the change in the name to FCCM! Ohh and £1 for the assets!

200w.gif

Here's a bit of info regarding loans , grants etc received by FC Utd

Money FC have received. £1,250,000 from an allegedly cash-strapped Manchester City Council plus £147,000 from the council's children's services budget. On top of that Sport England have coughed up £918,000, the Football Foundation £650,000 , Manchester College £450,000 and the Communities Dept £300,000. Total £3,715,000
That post has made me fucking angry. Our council leader should be fucking hung out to dry over that, unless it's being repaid? Fucking disgraceful.

there should be a audit at FCUM and a look at (its 'Financial Statement accounts') with this you will see what is really happing and money being spunked

That post has made me fucking angry. Our council leader should be fucking hung out to dry over that, unless it's being repaid? Fucking disgraceful.

what was it for and if its a loan this is shocking for a non league club
back in 1998 Manchester city fc was on its arss and did the Manchester city council help in anyway to dig us out did they f*ck STINKS STINKS STINKS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.