FC United Thread

I never got FCUM all I see it as is a huge vanity project that does little more than promote United by showing how great their club is.

Also I know it has been said before but there are established teams in the lower leagues that could do with some support such as tranmere rovers here in merseyside and I suppose Stockport county and bury in the greater Manchester area.

We had a similar thing with AFC Liverpool although I don't think the remit was the same for both clubs. AFC Liverpool was set up for fans who had been priced out of premier league football, but as I have said there are established clubs on merseyside much higher in the football pyramid who would not only welcome fans but would appreciate there cash such as Southport, Marine and Tranmere rovers.

Gewa
I never got FCUM all I see it as is a huge vanity project that does little more than promote United by showing how great their club is.

Also I know it has been said before but there are established teams in the lower leagues that could do with some support such as tranmere rovers here in merseyside and I suppose Stockport county and bury in the greater Manchester area.

We had a similar thing with AFC Liverpool although I don't think the remit was the same for both clubs. AFC Liverpool was set up for fans who had been priced out of premier league football, but as I have said there are established clubs on merseyside much higher in the football pyramid who would not only welcome fans but would appreciate there cash such as Southport, Marine and Tranmere rovers.
Great post - I recall South Liverpool before they folded.
Formby, Prescot Cables and Burscough too.

Gewa

Great post - I recall South Liverpool before they folded.
Formby, Prescot Cables and Burscough too.

I think AFC Liverpool play at Prescott cables ground and I also remember the old south Liverpool stadium too young to remember the team; it is now a train station South Liverpool parkway.

There is a team South Liverpool but I believe they play in the Sunday league home ground on Jericho lane.

More unrest and cock ups over in Moston......

It seems the Liar Walsh's incompetence has broken new ground this season. Whilst trying to get to grips with just how desperate a financial situation the club is really in, someone thought they'd better try and source some sponsorship and see whether current backers were commited to the club for next season.

After hearing what was going on Walsh bravely clambered out of his sickbed
icon_rolleyes.gif
to provide the SP on mxdata, the main sponsor. He assured people their contract had been for £15,000 this season and that they'd commited to another £20,000 for next. Nice deal Andrew, well done.

Only once someone who's actually half competent at FC contacted mxdata they discovered a very different story: yes, mxdata had promised £15,000, but that was over this season AND next season. The £20,000 was a theoretical figure that they would commit to if they extended the deal beyond May 2017 meaning - even on "sick" leave - Walsh has manage to blow a £12,500 hole in next season's budget and £7,500 hole in this.

It gets better...

Not only had mxdata not committed to the figures Walsh had claimed, they hadn't even signed a contract for the figures they had committed to. And not only that, they hadn't yet - as of this month - paid a single penny for the season just gone, 2015-16. And due to the on-going disruptions and scandal they weren't even sure they wanted to carry on with the sponsorship.

All in all it means that of the £35,000 Walsh claimed to have secured from mxdata the amount the club has actually received is precisely zilch, and is unlikely to extend much beyond £7,500. This brings Walsh's deficit on this one, solitary budget line to an incredible £27,500 from 2015-17.

Reminder: Walsh is still being paid around £37,500 p/a by FC United members, despite having skived off work since at least March 22nd.

Yet still the Board have not made any moves to place Walsh on gardening leave; to take control of access to his FC email account (to check details of such sponsorship deals are as claimed by mxdata, if nothing else); or to call him to account for his disgraceful pisstaking GMR appearance.

Meanwhile, FC United is running a £50,000 overdraft facility with no sign of being able to pay it back, meaning the club potentially could be under the bank's control by August, with Community Shareholders losing all their investments.

More unrest and cock ups over in Moston......

It seems the Liar Walsh's incompetence has broken new ground this season. Whilst trying to get to grips with just how desperate a financial situation the club is really in, someone thought they'd better try and source some sponsorship and see whether current backers were commited to the club for next season.

After hearing what was going on Walsh bravely clambered out of his sickbed
icon_rolleyes.gif
to provide the SP on mxdata, the main sponsor. He assured people their contract had been for £15,000 this season and that they'd commited to another £20,000 for next. Nice deal Andrew, well done.

Only once someone who's actually half competent at FC contacted mxdata they discovered a very different story: yes, mxdata had promised £15,000, but that was over this season AND next season. The £20,000 was a theoretical figure that they would commit to if they extended the deal beyond May 2017 meaning - even on "sick" leave - Walsh has manage to blow a £12,500 hole in next season's budget and £7,500 hole in this.

It gets better...

Not only had mxdata not committed to the figures Walsh had claimed, they hadn't even signed a contract for the figures they had committed to. And not only that, they hadn't yet - as of this month - paid a single penny for the season just gone, 2015-16. And due to the on-going disruptions and scandal they weren't even sure they wanted to carry on with the sponsorship.

All in all it means that of the £35,000 Walsh claimed to have secured from mxdata the amount the club has actually received is precisely zilch, and is unlikely to extend much beyond £7,500. This brings Walsh's deficit on this one, solitary budget line to an incredible £27,500 from 2015-17.

Reminder: Walsh is still being paid around £37,500 p/a by FC United members, despite having skived off work since at least March 22nd.

Yet still the Board have not made any moves to place Walsh on gardening leave; to take control of access to his FC email account (to check details of such sponsorship deals are as claimed by mxdata, if nothing else); or to call him to account for his disgraceful pisstaking GMR appearance.

Meanwhile, FC United is running a £50,000 overdraft facility with no sign of being able to pay it back, meaning the club potentially could be under the bank's control by August, with Community Shareholders losing all their investments.

Wow, what qualifications did this guy have for the job? Sounds more like a Ponzi scheme than a football club! I can’t believe that a Bank gave them a £50k overdraft – I can absolutely guarantee that will be withdrawn at some point in the next 12 months!

First meeting of the Blue Knights sometime late July then!

Some of us have contributed...My Hound, made a large deposit in Broadhurst park a few weeks ago....it was not bagged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.