FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

jrb

FCUM: Moston It Is Then. Ronald Johnson Playing Fields. 750K

from the Council.

Link to the full report at the bottom of the page.

Manchester City Council
Report for Resolution
Report To: Executive – April 6 2011
Subject: FC United Options Review
Report of: Chief Executive – New East Manchester
Director of Neighbourhood Services

Summary

The purpose of this report is to appraise the Executive on the outcome of a review of development options for community sport facilities and a football ground linked to FC United of Manchester. FC United is a member’s owned football club constituted as an Industrial and Provident Society. The club wish to establish a 5,000 capacity stadium and accompanying community facilities, which they had originally intended to develop on an existing leisure site at Ten Acres Lane, Newton Heath.

Following confirmation of the Council’s budget settlement in December 2010 and a decision by the Council to reduce revenue expenditure on the Ten Acre Lane site, it was necessary to review the Council’s strategic priorities for investment into football facilities and to examine alternative options to deliver this development. This report identifies the Ronald Johnson Playing Field site as the preferred option for the development and authority is sought to enable FC United and officers to undertake detailed site investigation works, consult with the local community and other stakeholders and undertake detailed feasibility on the potential development.

Recommendations

The Executive is recommended to:

1. Endorse in principle the outcome of the options review and request that FC United and the City Council undertake a public consultation exercise with local residents and report back to a future meeting of the Executive on the outcome of the consultation process.

2. Agree to FC United and the City Council undertaking site investigation works and begin detailed feasibility work to enable terms to be agreed to facilitate the disposal of a long leasehold interest in the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields to FC United, the detailed terms of the proposed disposal of land will be reported at a future meeting of the Executive.

3. Agree a capital sum of £750K approved by the Executive on 22 July 2009 for improvement works at the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields is vired and applied to a revised joint scheme between FC United and Moston Juniors FC subject to Council approval. In addition, agree that the revenue costs associated with site investigations and feasibility works is approved as part of the Council’s £750k contribution and authorise the City Treasurer to make the appropriate

4. Endorse in principle that Leisure Services undertake work with the Manchester Sport and Leisure Trust to seek investment for the lifecycle replacement of the all weather pitch at Ten Acres Lane.

Financial Consequences – Capital

Executive have previously approved £750K towards the cost of improvement works at the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields (refer to report to Executive 22nd July 2009). It is proposed that this provision within the capital programme is vired to the FC United scheme subject to the provision of viable capital and revenue business cases showing sufficient funding has been secured to develop the site.

It is also intended that from this funding, the cost of the feasibility study and other expenses relating to the re-development of the business plan to the new site will be incurred. This will still be required should the scheme not go ahead and currently equates to approximately £200K.
Financial Consequences – Revenue

The majority of the site is currently let to Trustees of Moston Juniors FC who have a25 year lease which expires in 2032. The rental is £1,000 per annum, which is reviewed annually by reference to Retail Price Index. This income stream may need to be relinquished as part of the proposed surrender and grant of new lease to FC United.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/1A_-_FC_United.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downl ... United.pdf</a>

Re: FCUM: Moston It Is Then. Ronald Johnson Playing Fields. 750K

Why are they getting £750k off the council...? What are they putting in?

Pigeonho said:
the other bit hosts Sunday league.
And that looks to be its purpose for the forseeable future. :P

That has just been developed over the last couple of years for Moston Juniors I thought. Quite a bit of money was spent I think

MonsallBlue said:
That has just been developed over the last couple of years for Moston Juniors I thought. Quite a bit of money was spent I think
They gated a section of it off and put Ronald Johnson on the gates. The parts beyond the gates are all overgrown and shoddy. Its a massive field and could easily hold a football stadium, plus it has a major road running along each side of it.

I live just off St. Marys Rd and our complaint has already been sent to Rita Tavernor. I feel sick that I will have to see that pile of shit everyday. Rita replied and said it was just a proposal atm, and the views of the councillors and local residents need to be taken into account yet. I asked who was classed as local residents (I live 5 mins walk away) and I had no reply. Looks like I won't get a say, even though I'm on the doorstep, although I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Here's the emails:

Me:

Dear Mrs Tavernor

I have just heard, with horror, the news about this
proposed development and I want to put on record strsightaway my
opposition to it.

The ground proposed to be used for this development
has for at least the past 52 years - and probably a lot longer - been
open park land, part of Broadhurst Park. It is part of what forms
quite a good and extremely valued 'green belt' area in the New Moston
area and in my opinion should not be built on. I believe the last
buildings ever erected on there were temporary prefabs either during or
just after world war 2.

According to the report about this in the
Manchester Evening News "local residents will be consulted". How local
is local ? I live a five minute walk away from it, just down St Mary's
Rd opposite the Alexian Nursing Centre (Dean Brook Close) - will I be
classed as a local ? Will YOU be classed as a local - will all of
the surrounding areas on Lightbowne Rd, Nuthurst Rd, Moston Lane,
avenues and streets off these main thoroughfares, etc, etc, be classed
as local ? - for they certainly all are.

As my councillor I would be
pleased to hear back from you about this matter.

Thank you.

Rita:

The proposal from. FC United is only a proposal at the moment, until we have seen the actual plans and sought the views of local residents the local councillors neither support/not support the proposal.
R Tavernor

I live just off Moston Lane,near what was The Thatched House.If FCUM go ahead and build their new ground about 1/4 mile from my house I'm going to be out on matchdays offering to "mind yer car for a quid mister".
And when they are in the ground scratching City and Bluemoon all over their nice shiny automobiles.

Also, I'm guessing a carpark is part of the plan as there's nowhere to park except on the roads. That means the streets will be a nightmare to drive through if there are no plans for a carpark, or a nightmare trying to get through after a game. A few buses go down there too so that should be fun.

Not happy.

Pigeonho said:
MonsallBlue said:
They gated a section of it off and put Ronald Johnson on the gates. The parts beyond the gates are all overgrown and shoddy. Its a massive field and could easily hold a football stadium, plus it has a major road running along each side of it.

There is a lot of space spare. They had plans for a 3G pitch but I think it got binned due to funds drying up. Also, they did spend a lot on the pitch. The whole of it was dug up and drainage put in as before hand it was shite and like a bog. Hated playing on that mess.

Hopefully the plans will get binned before they get anywhere. As said above the roads will be chaos on match days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.