FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

It took Brighton 14 years and government intervention to finally move to a new stadium. It took Shrewsbury just as long. Luton have been knocked back for years. Macc have been working in it for at least five. Countless clubs struggle like mad to get any headway in moves like this.

So I'd be interested to know how FCUM can get one location, with plenty of council funding, only for it to fall through because of the cuts only to be plonked somewhere else, with even more funding within weeks.

All football clubs are parts of their community. Some for well over 100 years. So why are FCUM seemingly getting given such an easy ride?

I expect Altrincham, Ashton United, Droylsden, Mossley or Stalybridge would be quite keen for three quarters of a million of investment. Are they getting anything or is it just Man United lite who is being assisted?

RsFH said:
It took Brighton 14 years and government intervention to finally move to a new stadium. It took Shrewsbury just as long. Luton have been knocked back for years. Macc have been working in it for at least five. Countless clubs struggle like mad to get any headway in moves like this.

So I'd be interested to know how FCUM can get one location, with plenty of council funding, only for it to fall through because of the cuts only to be plonked somewhere else, with even more funding within weeks.

All football clubs are parts of their community. Some for well over 100 years. So why are FCUM seemingly getting given such an easy ride?

I expect Altrincham, Ashton United, Droylsden, Mossley or Stalybridge would be quite keen for three quarters of a million of investment. Are they getting anything or is it just Man United lite who is being assisted?

Well apparently, this £750k was already allocated to build Moston Juniors changing room facilities. The council say that this money cannot be used elsewhere so now it's being given to fund FCUM.

FCUM make out that it will benefit Moston Juniors, but really, MJs have all the facilities they need; a lease on the land for about 25 years, astroturf pitch at the boys school, and the fenced off pitches on the park/playing fields in question. In terms of changing rooms, there's an empty Surestart building on that field near Lightbowne Road, so no new facilities need to be built, and there's changing rooms on Broadhurst Fields, just across the road, near Moston Lane. FCUM can dress it up all they want about helping the community, but the community, in respects to MJs anyway, will not receive anything more than what they already have access to.

Mr Orangupingu

The 750k from MCC is offered for a collaborative project between Fcum and Moston for the construction of joint facilities, for the benefit of both organisations and the wider community (plus funding from the FCUM development fund, FCUM community shares and UK Sport grant funding). Could I say that we thought we had a site in Newton Heath already to go after carrying out all the relevant studies, surveys and extensive dialogue and welcome events with people local to Ten Acres Lane, but Manchester Council withdrew funds at the 11th hour.

The Council has now offered us an alternative site but we are reallly not trying to dress up anything, many of us are Mancunians (yes really) many from Moston and nearby districts, like myself and we are also unlike most football clubs in or approach to the community. Here is the kind of community work we do at FC :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php</a>

Dont really think you you want the facilities to stay as they are? Surely we need to look very very seriously at how we support Grass Roots Football in this country, to ever have a chance of more English players coming through into the higher leagues. Thats before you look at the health, social and financial benefits to our communities it would provide. Maybe juniors' football tying up with a non-league/semi-pro team is one way forward.

However, we realise this proposal may not be implemented in Moston, but hope we can convince the people of Moston of its benefits.

But anyway, following the submission of the planning application in a few weeks, full details of the project will be available and everyone will at least be able to take a more educated and objective view of the benefits of the Moston Juniors/Fcum venture.

AndyFcum

I am not happy about this, not because i'm a blue but because of where it's proposed.

Reading parts of this thread and comments on the MEN website there seems to be a big play about how the stadium will blend in and how it wont ruin views etc etc from those who are obviously involved with your club.

Genuine questions, have plans been drawn up already to enable those involved to be able to start giving out these assurances? if they have, where can people like me see them to form my own opinion, if they haven't, how can those involved suggest there will be no impact and it will blend in?

AndyFcum said:
Mr Orangupingu

The 750k from MCC is offered for a collaborative project between Fcum and Moston for the construction of joint facilities, for the benefit of both organisations and the wider community (plus funding from the FCUM development fund, FCUM community shares and UK Sport grant funding). Could I say that we thought we had a site in Newton Heath already to go after carrying out all the relevant studies, surveys and extensive dialogue and welcome events with people local to Ten Acres Lane, but Manchester Council withdrew funds at the 11th hour.

The Council has now offered us an alternative site but we are reallly not trying to dress up anything, many of us are Mancunians (yes really) many from Moston and nearby districts, like myself and we are also unlike most football clubs in or approach to the community. Here is the kind of community work we do at FC :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php</a>

Dont really think you you want the facilities to stay as they are? Surely we need to look very very seriously at how we support Grass Roots Football in this country, to ever have a chance of more English players coming through into the higher leagues. Thats before you look at the health, social and financial benefits to our communities it would provide. Maybe juniors' football tying up with a non-league team is one way forward.

However, we realise this proposal may not be implemented in Moston, but hope we can convince the people of Moston of its benefits.

But anyway, following the submission of the planning application in a few weeks, full details of the project will be available and everyone will at least be able to take a more educated and objective view of the benefits of the Moston Juniors/Fcum venture.

Have you read the thread and what I, and other posters, have said?

I know that FCUM originally had the TAL site and had been awarded £650k by the council. That then fell through.

Previous to this, £750k had been pledged to build changing facilities for Moston Juniors (MJs) on the park on which FCUM plan to build. I stated that MJs already had options for changing facilities; on Broadhurst playing fields on the opposite side of Lightbowne Road, and even on the same park in the old Surestart building. Hence, £750k does not need to be spent on new changing facilities as they are already there. Each team does not need facilities of their own, especially when there are facilities available for use, which I have just outlined. People (on the Facebook page) have said that MJs don't have any changing facilities and so have to get changed in their cars, I am pointing out that this is not the case, as you can see. Therefore, this not only negates FCUM's 'generous' offer to MJs (who hold the lease to the land for 25 years), it also means that the council should now (but for some strange reason can't) repurpose the money that was earmarked for the MJ's changing rooms, and give it to FCUM for the stadium build (yes it is the same pot of money), in order to allow FCUM to build on a brown site, NOT a GREEN site. This proposed build is just the easiest option for FCUM and the council, not for the residents.

Both on here, and on the Facebook page, FCUM fans like yourself have gone on about all that FCUM do for the community. It's apparent that FCUM don't really care about the community enough to consider brownsites that have been suggested countless times by numerous residents, as an alternative to building on GREEN land.

Why not fundraise some more to be able to afford to build some brownland around the area and build on there? That would show the community you mean business, but then again, I'm skeptical as to whether we are your main priority and not just the £750k dangled infront of you.

Quite frankly, I am getting tired of explaining that what the residents of Moston want is to save the green parkland, not keep FCUM out of Moston. We welcome all that FCUM can offer the community, but not at the expense of our green land! I've even put it in bold for you.

Can you not see this?

And as for grass roots, pitches need improving, yes, no doubt about that. But are you suggesting that for grass roots football to develop, junior football clubs need to hand themselves over to larger football clubs like yourself? What is wrong with keeping the pitches as they are and maintaining them, like they used to be? Football clubs already have coaches and the like, and specifically to FCUM, there are lots of football clubs in the surrounding area they could affiliate with e.g. Oldham, Droylsden, Rochdale, Hyde, Bury etc. Grass roots football uses greenland as it should be, in its natural state and free for everyone to use. I have been in contact with people whos kids play for MJs, and they aren't too happy about this proposed build either and see it as FCUM muscling in on MJs and using MJs as justification for building their stadium (note these are not my words, just from people I've talked to who are involved with MJs).

P.S. I am female.

orangupingu_mcfc said:
AndyFcum said:
Mr Orangupingu

Dont really think you you want the facilities to stay as they are? Surely we need to look very very seriously at how we support Grass Roots Football in this country, to ever have a chance of more English players coming through into the higher leagues. Thats before you look at the health, social and financial benefits to our communities it would provide. Maybe juniors' football tying up with a non-league team is one way forward.

I know that FCUM originally had the TAL site and had been awarded £650k by the council. That then fell through.

Previous to this, £750k had been pledged to build changing facilities for Moston Juniors (MJs) on the park on which FCUM plan to build. I stated that MJs already had options for changing facilities; on Broadhurst playing fields on the opposite side of Lightbowne Road, and even on the same park in the old Surestart building. Hence, £750k does not need to be spent on new changing facilities as they are already there. Each team does not need facilities of their own, especially when there are facilities available for use, which I have just outlined. People (on the Facebook page) have said that MJs don't have any changing facilities and so have to get changed in their cars, I am pointing out that this is not the case, as you can see. Therefore, this not only negates FCUM's 'generous' offer to MJs (who hold the lease to the land for 25 years), it also means that the council should now (but for some strange reason can't) repurpose the money that was earmarked for the MJ's changing rooms, and give it to FCUM for the stadium build (yes it is the same pot of money), in order to allow FCUM to build on a brown site, NOT a GREEN site. This proposed build is just the easiest option for FCUM and the council, not for the residents.

Both on here, and on the Facebook page, FCUM fans like yourself have gone on about all that FCUM do for the community. It's apparent that FCUM don't really care about the community enough to consider brownsites that have been suggested countless times by numerous residents, as an alternative to building on GREEN land.

Why not fundraise some more to be able to afford to build some brownland around the area and build on there? That would show the community you mean business, but then again, I'm skeptical as to whether we are your main priority and not just the £750k dangled infront of you.

Quite frankly, I am getting tired of explaining that what the residents of Moston want is to save the green parkland, not keep FCUM out of Moston. We welcome all that FCUM can offer the community, but not at the expense of our green land! I've even put it in bold for you.

Can you not see this?

And as for grass roots, pitches need improving, yes, no doubt about that. But are you suggesting that for grass roots football to develop, junior football clubs need to hand themselves over to larger football clubs like yourself? What is wrong with keeping the pitches as they are and maintaining them, like they used to be? Football clubs already have coaches and the like, and specifically to FCUM, there are lots of football clubs in the surrounding area they could affiliate with e.g. Oldham, Droylsden, Rochdale, Hyde, Bury etc. Grass roots football uses greenland as it should be, in its natural state and free for everyone to use. I have been in contact with people whos kids play for MJs, and they aren't too happy about this proposed build either and see it as FCUM muscling in on MJs and using MJs as justification for building their stadium (note these are not my words, just from people I've talked to who are involved with MJs).

P.S. I am female.

female with an opinion? nevermind that what you doing out of the kitchen? ;-)
seriously, spot on comments

Robbo said:
orangupingu_mcfc said:

Can you not see this?

P.S. I am female.

female with an opinion? nevermind that what you doing out of the kitchen? ;-)

I was posting from the kitchen whilst making steak sandwiches (laptop) ;P

orangupingu_mcfc said:
Robbo said:
[/b]female with an opinion? nevermind that what you doing out of the kitchen? ;-)

I was posting from the kitchen whilst making steak sandwiches (laptop) ;P

multi tasking as well! but making steak sandwiches on your laptop, doesn't that get messy?

Ms Orangupingu

No need for the use of bold type, as I think you know that FC are well aware of the "green space" issue- posted by others and also alluded to in my last post, as we realise we may not ultimately be able to build in Moston.

We are however, getting ahead of ourselves here with the debate; at this early stage there is nothing we or anyone can do to change anything (certainly not via a fans' forum) as the proposed development must now follow a planning process, an application submitted, folowed by opportunities to then raise any issues that come out of that for those in Moston affected. It's obvious that this is important to you and other residents on this and other web forums.

I mainly wanted to respond to some of the inaccuracies/rumours/errors posted on here in general.

Again, we are not trying to "muscle in" as we are not only working with Moston Juniors and locally in New Moston, but are very much at the whim of the Council as regards areas of land we are offered. Apologies for calling you Mr.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.