FC United Thread

They appear to reached the bottom.... had the previous board / general manager still been in charge they'd have gone under, such was their incompetence. There were around 5 friends of the General Manager, er I mean five employees of the club on around 30K each plus the GM on 35K. Doesn't take a genius to work out the way that was going...... the one thing I can't understand is how fans couldn't add up the maths too - think they were all just swept under the euphoria of getting into their own ground to look what was going on behind their backs (as an awful lot of it was behind members backs, ignore all the 'one member one vote' and 'clear and transparent' nonsense)

The new CEO has come in and he is on around 50K but without the other hangers on that is around 130K saving a year at a stroke.
They are waiting for the results of one, maybe two big funding applications - if they get the nod on those, that will set them up for a couple of years. If they don't get the nod then they are potentially in shit street. Their survival is very much dependent on the results of these bids for funding.
If they can get more revenue from non playing activities then that will be a bonus as the function room has been hugely over estimated in terms of bringing in a return. They had a full time bar manager on a hefty wage and the place was barely open outside of match day (and then he was allegedly helping himself to the till too!).

I saw a comment on a messageboard the other week that cracked me up, one of them (talking about how they can get more business into the function room) saying ''we are right next to the biggest cemetery in North Manchester - they should be lining up to come in here after the funeral...''
How many of you reading this have ever been to a funeral and the place you go to afterwards is the nearest venue to the crem / cemetery? You either go back to the house of a relative or your local boozer, but this clown feels the first thing anyone in North Manchester should think of after a loved one has died, is to book into Pallet Park!

The final problem they have is the support is dwindling / losing heart from a dire season on the pitch along with the off field issues too, splitting fans into cliques depending on if they are pro / anti the old / new regime. The old regime caused a lot of damage financially and lost a lot of goodwill among fans, many of whom gave up hard earned cash and put it into investment schemes (that they might not see again) and volunteered many hours of unpaid work - all as certain other people lined their own pockets whilst performing badly at whatever task they were paid to do and running the club into the ground at the same time.

Good post.Seems unfair they have grants coming at them from all angles whereas a team like Darlington cant even get in the play offs due to lack of funds.

If you think FCSCUM are odious twats wait until you experience Salford City.

Went on Saturday to watch Darlington FC who unfortunately got beat 5-1.

I went about 4 years ago before twats of 92 involvement and I think there was about 200 of them at most.Played in Amber,good club.

Now play in Red and the average is up to around 1350 and I think most are only there to be on TV on that wank documentary.Holding up signs for most of the game to the cameras.

Absolute circus.

If you think FCSCUM are odious twats wait until you experience Salford City.

Went on Saturday to watch Darlington FC who unfortunately got beat 5-1.

I went about 4 years ago before twats of 92 involvement and I think there was about 200 of them at most.Played in Amber,good club.

Now play in Red and the average is up to around 1350 and I think most are only there to be on TV on that wank documentary.Holding up signs for most of the game to the cameras.

Absolute circus.
Heard Darlington missed out on the play offs as their ground not upto Conference standards
Has it changed so much since their league games

It's so easy to criticise FC United and Salford City because of their rag influences etc etc but at the end of the day were all football fans and the people who watch these teams are there because they are fed up of being ripped off for years and treated like shit by the team they supported. The reason fans are watching them mirrors some of our complaints over the past couple of years with modern day football. Watch this space I reckon there will be more of these clubs popping up. If FC United were FC Newcastle or FC Forest/Rangers/(insert any other club with bad owners) would we be as critical???

It's so easy to criticise FC United and Salford City because of their rag influences etc etc but at the end of the day were all football fans and the people who watch these teams are there because they are fed up of being ripped off for years and treated like shit by the team they supported. The reason fans are watching them mirrors some of our complaints over the past couple of years with modern day football. Watch this space I reckon there will be more of these clubs popping up. If FC United were FC Newcastle or FC Forest/Rangers/(insert any other club with bad owners) would we be as critical???
Did a mate ask you to post that? and did you know what was in the post before you did it?

yes if they were still piggybacking on the original club, taking money from the council, paying their staff wages while defaulting on repayments to the council etc etc etc

Heard Darlington missed out on the play offs as their ground not upto Conference standards
Has it changed so much since their league games

Yes finished in the play offs but not allowed to compete due to the new ground not being up to scratch.

The ground City played at in 98 was Feethams but the club left there to play at the 25k capacity Reynolds Arena in Darlington shortly after.

Since 2012 and their demotion to level 9 for again entering administration Darlo have been playing at Bishop Auckland (12 miles away)but have fought their way up the leagues as a fan owned club.Now in Conference North.

During this time the fans have raised money to improve facilities at Darlington Rugby Club where they moved in as renters on Boxing Day 2016.However,a massive cock up was made on ground regs hence ground not up to standard,only come to light in the past couple of weeks.

I think there are some good fans left at FCSCUM now but at the start they had a lot of turds that latched on to the winning team and a piss up.Cant take them seriously until they stop singing songs about City,just MUFC Lite until then.

Salford is just a circus as I said and have fans turning up for the cameras or to catch a glimpse of a twat of 92.

I have followed City and Darlo all my life(Manc born)and understand the attraction of non league,you feel part of it all,but these 2 clubs are different to the rest.

Last edited:
yes if they were still piggybacking on the original club, taking money from the council, paying their staff wages while defaulting on repayments to the council etc etc etc

Not to mention behaving like knuckle draggers at countless away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.