FC United Thread

I have a lot of time for the fan ownership / co-op model of running a club. However it has to be decent a genuine people behind it, fcum is off the scum and for the scum. They were always destined to ruin themselves and dent the reputation of those that would try to help them along the way. I would like to get involved with a decent supporter owned club but there are none in Manchester that I know of.

It's so easy to criticise FC United and Salford City because of their rag influences etc etc
Watch this space I reckon there will be more of these clubs popping up. If FC United were FC Newcastle or FC Forest/Rangers/(insert any other club with bad owners) would we be as critical???
Clubs that have gone down this root and formed an "FC" team, on the whole are fans of clubs who have had their club taken away from them / run down and asset stripped:
Wimbledon, Chester, Halifax, Portsmouth, Darlington.
Fans of these clubs receive a lot of respect from fellow fans for their efforts in keeping the original club alive and for keeping a team going in their town.
Then you have the Moston Rag Socks. Fans of the biggest club in the country at the time, who didn't like the new owner of the club. Like many, many fans of many, many clubs.
Of course the Glazer's purchase was extremely controversial and I'd be fuming if I supported a club in healthy profit that over night was £600m in debt.
But the club were still there operating. In fact the first 3 or 4 years they continued to win championships and champions league too.
But what happened at FC United is a few chancers saw an opportunity to make a name and a nice niche for themselves - and ultimately 10 years down the line, a career out of it at fans expense (or even tax payers expense!)
They ran the club based on their own political ideology and agendas and ridiculously got away with receiving millions (literally) of tax payers money via various funding sources along the way. They craved the attention received on how they would do things "differently" and "on our terms" - yet the higher up they went, the more they had to toe the line and fall in with the rest and shut up. In the early days, they had no chance of being on Sky in an FA Cup tie when never getting past the 2nd or 3rd preliminary - so they could boast all they wanted about wanting to "destroy Glazer and Sky..." in songs, as they were never going to get chosen! Its like me saying i will never accept a Knighthood... all safe in the knowledge i will never be asked. Yet as soon as they got higher and reached the point where a live game WAS booked, all the posturing and declarations went out the window and along with it a lot of credibility. As has happened 3 times now, where they have been told "these are the rules turn up and play and here is your cheque. We are not interested in your 'principles".
They are not a club born from the ashes of the old club
They are a new mini me club, from same back to front the name, colours, songs and whole image all taken and trading off their 'old club' that still carries on season by season and will continue to do so for a long time. Heck, many fans still go to 'Big United' as well as the Moston Rag Socks!
They were set up by agenda setting, point scoring attention seekers. There are genuine fans around who truly believed the club was the utopian dream and way forward for all clubs. Sadly their trust was misplaced and they have been ripped off way more than the Glazer's have ripped rags off. At least the Glazer's never pretended to be fans or claimed to have fans interest at heart....

Last edited:
Clubs that have gone down this root and formed an "FC" team, on the whole are fans of clubs who have had their club taken away from them / run down and asset stripped:
Wimbledon, Chester, Halifax, Portsmouth, Darlington.
Fans of these clubs receive a lot of respect from fellow fans for their efforts in keeping the original club alive and for keeping a team going in their town.
Then you have the Moston Rag Socks. Fans of the biggest club in the country at the time, who didn't like the new owner of the club. Like many, many fans of many, many clubs.
Of course the Glazer's purchase was extremely controversial and I'd be fuming if I supported a club in healthy profit that over night was £600m in debt.
But the club were still there operating. In fact the first 3 or 4 years they continued to win championships and champions league too.
But what happened at FC United is a few chancers saw an opportunity to make a name and a nice niche for themselves - and ultimately 10 years down the line, a career out of it at fans expense (or even tax payers expense!)
They ran the club based on their own political ideology and agendas and ridiculously got away with receiving millions (literally) of tax payers money via various funding sources along the way. They craved the attention received on how they would do things "differently" and "on our terms" - yet the higher up they went, the more they had to toe the line and fall in with the rest and shut up. In the early days, they had no chance of being on Sky in an FA Cup tie when never getting past the 2nd or 3rd preliminary - so they could boast all they wanted about wanting to "destroy Glazer and Sky..." in songs, as they were never going to get chosen! Its like me saying i will never accept a Knighthood... all safe in the knowledge i will never be asked. Yet as soon as they got higher and reached the point where a live game WAS booked, all the posturing and declarations went out the window and along with it a lot of credibility. As has happened 3 times now, where they have been told "these are the rules turn up and play and here is your cheque. We are not interested in your 'principles".
They are not a club born from the ashes of the old club
They are a new mini me club, from same back to front the name, colours, songs and whole image all taken and trading off their 'old club' that still carries on season by season and will continue to do so for a long time. Heck, many fans still go to 'Big United' as well as the Moston Rag Socks!
They were set up by agenda setting, point scoring attention seekers. There are genuine fans around who truly believed the club was the utopian dream and way forward for all clubs. Sadly their trust was misplaced and they have been ripped off way more than the Glazer's have ripped rags off. At least the Glazer's never pretended to be fans or claimed to have fans interest at heart....
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Thought these three supported the rags?

One week he hates FC utd next week he's their on stage...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.