FC United Thread

I hear reports that their new CEO is on 50K a year! He left a decent job at Bolton Wanderers so wouldn't have left for peanuts, but this still dwarfs the 35K Emperor Walsh was on.
And the poor mugs keep on throwing more cash into the buckets....

i just don't get it a fan base club you should be working for the love of the club and volunteer for free or on expenses
its non league football and the club board should be made up of fans or share owners and a voted chairman who is given a 2 year role

now am i missing something here is non league football self funding or is there money to be made
the crowds are not to bad for the FCUM and salford but nothing to run a club full time and salford are backed by the class of 92 money and media are well involved so they can
but FCUM don't have backing and don't what a money man so its based on fans and tickets sales

funny thing is i know somebody big at Oldham football club that if they go down this season it could be the end of them
its professional football and league 1 and not that away from non league he said oldham could be better off in non league football and being part time and if FCUM ever come up to league football it could kill them without major backing even getting gates of 8000 to 10.000 each week would not cover the running cost

only salford city with backing from some very rich owners could stay up but the ground is shocking and would not meet league football standards and they would have to ground share with somebody like sale sharks or FCUM hahahahhahahhaha

i just don't get it a fan base club you should be working for the love of the club and volunteer for free or on expenses
its non league football and the club board should be made up of fans or share owners and a voted chairman who is given a 2 year role

now am i missing something here is non league football self funding or is there money to be made
the crowds are not to bad for the FCUM and salford but nothing to run a club full time and salford are backed by the class of 92 money and media are well involved so they can
but FCUM don't have backing and don't what a money man so its based on fans and tickets sales

funny thing is i know somebody big at Oldham football club that if they go down this season it could be the end of them
its professional football and league 1 and not that away from non league he said oldham could be better off in non league football and being part time and if FCUM ever come up to league football it could kill them without major backing even getting gates of 8000 to 10.000 each week would not cover the running cost

only salford city with backing from some very rich owners could stay up but the ground is shocking and would not meet league football standards and they would have to ground share with somebody like sale sharks or FCUM hahahahhahahhaha
Their whole business plan is that it was a community asset and that on non match playing days the place would be used by "the local community".
The plans forecast that the club house would be full each weekend and evenings hosting weddings, birthday parties, business functions etc. In the day they would run computer courses, business seminars etc.
Then the 3G pitch would be in daily use from dawn to dusk and beyond with floodlights in use by schools and colleges and other teams in the evenings as well as Moston Juniors (read above how they got shafted).
And the bookings for none of these have not got anywhere near the targets set. So monies expected to finance full time staff have not materialised.
A friend showed me a quote from a fans forum where one fan bemoaning the lack of bookings for the function room, declared amazement that the club had not taken advantage that the ground was right next to the biggest cemetery in North Manchester! I kid you not! Yes, let's bury Aunt Ethel and then nip round to Pallet Park for a buffet!
And here lies a problem they won't ever get over. They state they are a community club but they are a club without an organically grown community. They alienate themselves from anyone Blue for simply being who they are and alienated a large number of the local community for simply being where they are.
If you go with the adage that the customer is always right, then going out of your way to alienate so many of your potential customers, you aren't going to get far as a business. And until they get in their heads that a very large number of local people just don't share their utopian dream that they came to Moston to "save it" then it's going to be heartbreak for all of them when it goes tits up.
One other thing that will effect the club too, is let's suppose your business or family member did want to book the function room for training or say a wedding reception. The club ask you for a big wedge to secure the rooms for the day. Knowing the club is on its knees, would you stump up a hefty deposit to secure It 6 months in advance?

Last edited:
Their whole business plan is that it was a community asset and that on non match playing days the place would be used by "the local community".
The plans forecast that the club house would be full each weekend and evenings hosting weddings, birthday parties, business functions etc. In the day they would run computer courses, business seminars etc.
Then the 3G pitch would be in daily use from dawn to dusk and beyond with floodlights in use by schools and colleges and other teams in the evenings as well as Moston Juniors (read above how they got shafted).
And the bookings for none of these have not got anywhere near the targets set. So monies expected to finance full time staff have not materialised.
A friend showed me a quote from a fans forum where one fan bemoaning the lack of bookings for the function room, declared amazement that the club had not taken advantage that the ground was right next to the biggest cemetery in North Manchester! I kid you not! Yes, let's bury Aunt Ethel and then nip round to Pallet Park for a buffet!
And here lies a problem they won't ever get over. They state they are a community club but they are a club without an organically grown community. They alienate themselves from anyone Blue for simply being who they are and alienated a large number of the local community for simply being where they are.
If you go with the adage that the customer is always right, then going out of your way to alienate so many of your potential customers, you aren't going to get far as a business. And until they get in their heads that a very large number of local people just don't share their utopian dream that they came to Moston to "save it" then it's going to be heartbreak for all of them when it goes tits up.

I follow Darlington FC when not watching City and they are truly fan owned.Fans have put all the money in to save the club.They have just moved back to the town on a ground share with the local rugby club.Fylde running away with Conf North but got big money behind them.

FCScum still have an image in the Non League world of being fan owned standard bearers.I wonder if that will be the last ever El Plastico this past weekend?

They state they are a community club but they are a club without an organically grown community. They alienate themselves from anyone Blue for simply being who they are and alienated a large number of the local community for simply being where they are.

^^Pretty much agree this.

Back end of last season i was at a North Manchester junior game when one of their lot turned up plugging FCUM and trying to drum up support.
He started chatting to me and a guy from one of the other teams (whose team are based within spitting distance of FCUM).
This other guy put him straight, saying they had pissed off a large part of the community around FCUM, therefore they were unlikely to get much support from that direction. He mentioned stuff like parking, and how at first they had volunteers monitoring it, but they all but disappeared. Also mentioned how Moston Cannon's (assume this is the Moston Juniors team mentioned above) had been badly treated.

When he spoke to me, i just pointed out that our team is like 50% City - 45% United and the rest turn up in a mixture of Chelsea, Madrid, Liverpool & Barca shirts. Asked him why i should take my kids to FCUM just to hear a load of anti-City songs.
Think he'd had a similiar response elsewhere cos he sloped off not long after that in a very subdued manner.

The problem FCUM have got is that the ex-scum support base that got them where they are now, are the main reason they won't grow any bigger.

Most of the locals now dislike them, City fans won't have anything to do with them, and the majority of Scum fans see them as traitors,so they only appeal to a minority of people.

I follow Darlington FC when not watching City and they are truly fan owned.Fans have put all the money in to save the club.They have just moved back to the town on a ground share with the local rugby club.Fylde running away with Conf North but got big money behind them.

FCScum still have an image in the Non League world of being fan owned standard bearers.I wonder if that will be the last ever El Plastico this past weekend?
They no longer have the image of being standard bearers of fan owned clubs - if anything (such is the tarnished image of its former employees and board members) they are now the very reason fans should stick to being fans.

Each week further shady dealings bordering fraud seem to be uncovered. The outgoing general manager wiping every single email off his club lap top and shredding documents, ensuring no trail leads back to him.
Club employees giving the club a personal interest free loan of £15,000 so balance sheets look good (and then the loan is paid back after auditing....)

And the king of exposing rotten football clubs, David Conn still remains silent....

They no longer have the image of being standard bearers of fan owned clubs - if anything (such is the tarnished image of its former employees and board members) they are now the very reason fans should stick to being fans.

Each week further shady dealings bordering fraud seem to be uncovered. The outgoing general manager wiping every single email off his club lap top and shredding documents, ensuring no trail leads back to him.
Club employees giving the club a personal interest free loan of £15,000 so balance sheets look good (and then the loan is paid back after auditing....)

And the king of exposing rotten football clubs, David Conn still remains silent....

I agree but dont think its out there too much yet.My Darlo mates were amazed when I told them stuff I had read on here!

I agree but dont think its out there too much yet.My Darlo mates were amazed when I told them stuff I had read on here!
Which is why Conn has lost so much credibility in holding his silence - to save both his own face over his much lauded praise of the club (a whole chapter in his 'Bigger Than God' book for starters) and his refusal to report on the despicable behavior of his new found friends that has resulted in the club being on the brink of no longer existing.

Last edited:
Which is why Conn has lost so much credibility in holding his silence - to save both his own face over his much lauded praise of the club (a whole chapter in his 'Bigger Than God' book for starters) and his refusal to report on the despicable behavior of his new found friends that has resulted in the club being on the brink of no longer existing.

Why should these lot deserve more attention than say Morecambe or the plight of Kingstonian?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.