FC United Thread

Came back from London last Sunday - Virgin First Class, naturally! The steward asked me if I wanted coffee. I said with that accent he had to be a Spurs fan. I support FCUnited, he said!

A nicer tale was when I was going deep into the bowels of the Underground on a mile-long escalator, the guy in front had a tracky top GILLINGHAM FC. I asked him if he remembered '99! Don't talk to me about 99 with that accent! I've never seen a stadium empty and fill up again quicker than Wembley did that day. Yer should see The Etihad on 85 mins, I said!

In our first season we competed in the North West Counties League (10 leagues below the Premier League). Following a succession of promotions, FC United now play in the National League North (6th tier of English football) in the same league as former league clubs Stockport County, Darlington, Halifax, Kidderminster Harriers and Boston United together with local sides Salford City, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Salford City and Chorley.

According to these clowns Salford City have two teams in the same league.

Hate these tossers more than
'Real' Rags.

Split because of the Glaziers ?
Bollocks

They jumped ship as they thought Chelsea were gonna mop up for years.

Vermin.

I predicted last summer that they would be bust by May! Now i may have been wrong but they have launched a number of big cash appeals recently and they have been selling £1,000 3 year season tickets. So whilst i may have been wrong about the timing i was clearly not wrong about roughly when they would run out of money. You can only sell a 3 year seson ticket once and they can not survive with the begging bowl appeals to diminishing crowds.

They are running on fumes. They will not last to the end of next season, let alone another 3!

I predicted last summer that they would be bust by May! Now i may have been wrong but they have launched a number of big cash appeals recently and they have been selling £1,000 3 year season tickets. So whilst i may have been wrong about the timing i was clearly not wrong about roughly when they would run out of money. You can only sell a 3 year seson ticket once and they can not survive with the begging bowl appeals to diminishing crowds.

They are running on fumes. They will not last to the end of next season, let alone another 3!

Surely even the mini me rags aren't stupid enough to fall for 3 years' season tickets for £1,000 when they can get one for next season for £100?

Surely even the mini me rags aren't stupid enough to fall for 3 years' season tickets for £1,000 when they can get one for next season for £100?

There is some gravy with it:-

As a three year season ticket is priced higher than the recommended “pay what you can afford” scheme a number of additional features will be available for those who purchase a three year season ticket;

• one drink voucher per match entitling the holder to a free alcoholic or soft drink
  • one voucher per match entitling the holder to a free ticket for the Pound for the Ground draw
  • a free electronic version of each match day programme for all home league matches
  • free entry to a yearly prize draw (with prizes to be confirmed but will be around £500 in total value per year)

They appear to reached the bottom.... had the previous board / general manager still been in charge they'd have gone under, such was their incompetence. There were around 5 friends of the General Manager, er I mean five employees of the club on around 30K each plus the GM on 35K. Doesn't take a genius to work out the way that was going...... the one thing I can't understand is how fans couldn't add up the maths too - think they were all just swept under the euphoria of getting into their own ground to look what was going on behind their backs (as an awful lot of it was behind members backs, ignore all the 'one member one vote' and 'clear and transparent' nonsense)

The new CEO has come in and he is on around 50K but without the other hangers on that is around 130K saving a year at a stroke.
They are waiting for the results of one, maybe two big funding applications - if they get the nod on those, that will set them up for a couple of years. If they don't get the nod then they are potentially in shit street. Their survival is very much dependent on the results of these bids for funding.
If they can get more revenue from non playing activities then that will be a bonus as the function room has been hugely over estimated in terms of bringing in a return. They had a full time bar manager on a hefty wage and the place was barely open outside of match day (and then he was allegedly helping himself to the till too!).

I saw a comment on a messageboard the other week that cracked me up, one of them (talking about how they can get more business into the function room) saying ''we are right next to the biggest cemetery in North Manchester - they should be lining up to come in here after the funeral...''
How many of you reading this have ever been to a funeral and the place you go to afterwards is the nearest venue to the crem / cemetery? You either go back to the house of a relative or your local boozer, but this clown feels the first thing anyone in North Manchester should think of after a loved one has died, is to book into Pallet Park!

The final problem they have is the support is dwindling / losing heart from a dire season on the pitch along with the off field issues too, splitting fans into cliques depending on if they are pro / anti the old / new regime. The old regime caused a lot of damage financially and lost a lot of goodwill among fans, many of whom gave up hard earned cash and put it into investment schemes (that they might not see again) and volunteered many hours of unpaid work - all as certain other people lined their own pockets whilst performing badly at whatever task they were paid to do and running the club into the ground at the same time.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.