FC United Thread

Simple answer to your question... no you're not right. Quite spectacularly wrong in fact :) not sure where you are getting your information from but you are badly informed.

The supporters raised roughly 3 million quid to fund the ground build, so I wouldn't say very little.
You previously said the fans raised 'most' of the money for the stadium.
3m (which I actually doubt is true) is less than half of the cost of the stadium.

3m (which I actually doubt is true) is less than half of the cost of the stadium.

That's a bit out of order, do you expect him to be
a) Factually correct
b) Honest and
c A FCUM supporter

he is doing well with only being one of the three, (until the raggies start winning again............... actually he could be a FCUM fan for a long time.)

Moston United came into existence this season which is a combined partnership between the club and Moston Juniors, yes there are issues that need resolving but there's a lot of work going into this.

Of course availability is limited for the astro it is fully booked a lot which is a good thing as it's clearly being used by the community. Not sure what more you expect from one 3G pitch.
Well, Moston Juniors were sold the idea of having a lot of usage of that 3G. That's what I expected. Seems your club managed to hide that one pretty well.

I've heard all about Moston United. So I presume you mean the new FC United Reserves as the old version went defunct? Even then, the old reserves are a laughing stock - turning up to Curzon Ashton without a 'keeper. Great prospect for Moston Juniors that; do well and you can play for FCUM's farm team!

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/community.php - knock yourself out ;) there's quite a bit missing from that page too. Specifically in regards to the homeless we also run a big coat day collection where loads of warm clothing is donated, that will be starting again pretty soon.

You'd have to ask whoever did the video it wasn't done for the M&S campaign though it was filmed last December.
Far do's didn't know they done all that my apologies,I will seek my legal team of copyright right of the video , where's brook land blue when you need him !

Simple answer to your question... no you're not right. Quite spectacularly wrong in fact :) not sure where you are getting your information from but you are badly informed.

The supporters raised roughly 3 million quid to fund the ground build, so I wouldn't say very little.

3 million hahahahahaha must have been fucking big buckets. but like it or not your not welcome in moston and was voted by the people to not have FCUM in broadhurst park but both the city council and FCUM went to court knowing the people of moston did not have the money to fight the lawyers from both scum bags so it was not a fair fight in my book

you don't own the ground or land matey and if money is not paid back to many you look loans out with its going to end quickly and no more fcum

I actually said majority funded which £3m is clearly the largest single financial factor in the ground funding. Plus the sport England / football foundation grants were only awarded because of the proven supporter raised finances and because of the largely volunteer driven community work carried out by club members. Also who do you think is helping to pay back the council loan?

Doubt it is true if you like but it is true and a bloody impressive achievement from a group of supporters don't ya think? :) To the best of my knowledge no other football ground has been so heavily funded by supporters of a club at any level of the game. So even more impressive from supporters of a non league, semi pro club.

3 million hahahahahaha must have been fucking big buckets. but like it or not your not welcome in moston and was voted by the people to not have FCUM in broadhurst park but both the city council and FCUM went to court knowing the people of moston did not have the money to fight the lawyers from both scum bags so it was not a fair fight in my book

you don't own the ground or land matey and if money is not paid back to many you look loans out with its going to end quickly and no more fcum
Well 2.1m of that 3m was raised through the pioneering community share scheme so no buckets involved in that. Most of the rest was through development fund donations over the best part of a decade. Impressive no?

Only the 4th time it has been explained to you but the majority of Moston residents were in favour prior to the build and as the majority were in favour and there was no problem with the legal process I'm not sure why it wasn't a fair fight. Now that we have been there for 2 years there's much less opposition now for numerous reasons I'm sure. Quote from the MEN at the time of the judicial review...

Annette claimed that the ‘overwhelming majority’ of those living close to the proposed site, just off St Mary’s Road, were opposed to the plans.

That is despite the fact a city council consultation exercise found most people with local postcodes were in favour.

Kathy Crotty, a St Mary’s Road resident and member of pro-stadium group M40 4FC, said: “I welcome the investment from FC United to provide facilities which will benefit the youth of Moston.

“Although some of us support other clubs, we appreciate that this club is different because of the community aspect it has. RURA does not represent all Moston residents and the council received twice as many letters in support than against the plans.”

The club also does own the ground, just not the land which is pretty common. Loans will be paid back over the next decade whilst at the same time additional ground developments are ongoing.

Well, Moston Juniors were sold the idea of having a lot of usage of that 3G. That's what I expected. Seems your club managed to hide that one pretty well.

I've heard all about Moston United. So I presume you mean the new FC United Reserves as the old version went defunct? Even then, the old reserves are a laughing stock - turning up to Curzon Ashton without a 'keeper. Great prospect for Moston Juniors that; do well and you can play for FCUM's farm team!
Moston Juniors have a season long booking which sees them use it frequently so not sure what you're getting at.

Moston United was setup as a natural progression for Moston Juniors players as it was felt the previous setup wasn't working and so far feedback has been positive, it's still early days of course but 2 players this week have signed for the first team (one of which has played a part in the last 2 games) so hopefully this development bears fruit and is a win win for both clubs.

That is clearly not literally what has happened though is it, considering a school was also awarded 12k and nobody had any of this money in the first place for anybody to literally take it away from. The money will be put to good use and will benefit the community whether you like the club or not.
It will benefit the community only if the community pays through the nose to use the facilities. Some of the most expensive in the area.

That's assuming your dodgy board of directors don't just pocket the money themselves. Again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.