FC United Thread

Which club is that exactly, the one currently with 1,437 pages or the one with 241 pages?
Read the thread title.
WHAT ??????????? I would suggest that you proof read what you type before posting.
From the small bit that I can understand I was asking if you or your fellow members were aware of the corruption/jobs for the boys going on in your equilibrium club ?
Yes and I asked you for specific instances of this "corruption" so I can answer whether or not I was aware of it.
So as well as inventing non league football and singing songs at games, they have now invented putting bands on before games too - ooooh aren't they special.... I bet he goes to games with a warm glow in his heart....
Haha I do enjoy this accusation of inventing everything, I challenge you to point out an instance where the club has claimed to invent any of those things.

The club's supporters embrace all things non league, some so much that they don't ever wish to leave it.

Singing at football was certainly around much before 2005 but match day atmospheres have plummeted in this country, I shouldn't have to tell you that you're a Premier League club. If you can tell me that your atmosphere is better / just as good now than it was a few decades ago or even in your Maine Road days then you're a liar. Like it or not FCUM usually make a noise when most don't.

Again, where has anyone said that we invented bands playing pre match? I don't know of any clubs doing that pre 2005 personally but I'm pretty sure somebody will have. Again like it or not match days at Broadhurst Park are different than at most other clubs and will only get better when the terrace bar gets redeveloped in the coming months.

We do things differently, doesn't mean we invented stuff.

LOL You do things differently, you play in red, black and white, you have the name united, you sing anti-city songs. not to different from the club you love from trafford

Read the thread title.

Yes and I asked you for specific instances of this "corruption" so I can answer whether or not I was aware of it.

Haha I do enjoy this accusation of inventing everything, I challenge you to point out an instance where the club has claimed to invent any of those things.

The club's supporters embrace all things non league, some so much that they don't ever wish to leave it.

Singing at football was certainly around much before 2005 but match day atmospheres have plummeted in this country, I shouldn't have to tell you that you're a Premier League club. If you can tell me that your atmosphere is better / just as good now than it was a few decades ago or even in your Maine Road days then you're a liar. Like it or not FCUM usually make a noise when most don't.

Again, where has anyone said that we invented bands playing pre match? I don't know of any clubs doing that pre 2005 personally but I'm pretty sure somebody will have. Again like it or not match days at Broadhurst Park are different than at most other clubs and will only get better when the terrace bar gets redeveloped in the coming months.

The corruption / jobs for the boys - you need incidents pointing out to you? Just read that book recently out by one of your founders who was then denied membership!
What about the bar takings, with the word "taking" being the key....
jobs for the boys.... How many ex Militant members were on the payroll? Mates of Andy Walsh.
A full time bar man running a bar open one Saturday afternoon and the odd night...
Paying another mate of Andy Walsh something like £900 of members money to spy on members that officials at the club deemed being abusive on message boards, only to discover he himself had been fired from his previous job after being abusive on a message board! He gave the money back!
A key member of staff taking home 20 odd grand regularly and keeping it in his house overnight rather than banking it or keeping it in a safe.
Loans being secretly taken out and payments made with no member knowledge or receipts given or paper trail.
On leaving the club, the general manager wiping clean the company lap top and shredding any paperwork linking his name to any financial doing or connecting him to anything that could impliment him.
A board member applying for funding and receiving it, that meant his own company were paid a large sum to look at members data and studies made from such data and other research. This board member became known as "Brown Envelope" for a reason.

Do you want anymore or is that ok for starters?

Last edited:
Read the thread title.

No one said that SCUM invented bands playing pre-match, but one of your lot reckons it’s unique to pallet park, which, as any match-going City supporter knows, is patently not the case.

Having a band on before the match wasn’t new with city square. I remember cleopatra cumin at ya before a match at Maine road once

LOL You do things differently, you play in red, black and white, you have the name united, you sing anti-city songs. not to different from the club you love from trafford
Yes congratulations on naming 3 specific things that we don't do differently, we also play football too if you'd like to add a 4th.
The corruption / jobs for the boys - you need incidents pointing out to you? Just read that book recently out by one of your founders who was then denied membership!
What about the bar takings, with the word "taking" being the key....
jobs for the boys.... How many ex Militant members were on the payroll? Mates of Andy Walsh.
A full time bar man running a bar open one Saturday afternoon and the odd night...
Paying another mate of Andy Walsh something like £900 of members money to spy on members that officials at the club deemed being abusive on message boards, only to discover he himself had been fired from his previous job after being abusive on a message board! He gave the money back!
A key member of staff taking home 20 odd grand regularly and keeping it in his house overnight rather than banking it or keeping it in a safe.
Loans being secretly taken out and payments made with no member knowledge or receipts given or paper trail.
On leaving the club, the general manager wiping clean the company lap top and shredding any paperwork linking his name to any financial doing or connecting him to anything that could impliment him.
A board member applying for funding and receiving it, that meant his own company were paid a large sum to look at members data and studies made from such data and other research. This board member became known as "Brown Envelope" for a reason.

Do you want anymore or is that ok for starters?
No I don't need instances pointing out to me I'm aware of all of that and the book (by a current board member by the way). 'Tis however just one man's account in which there is bad blood between certain individuals as I'm sure you're aware. I'm sure you're also aware that there has never been any proven instances of wrongdoing or else there'd have been convictions so you can just as legitimately argue poor management and / or lack of transparency. Besides I was trying to work out if said person on here had a clue what they were talking about so thanks for ruining that, Was pretty obvious anyway.
No one said that SCUM invented bands playing pre-match, but one of your lot reckons it’s unique to pallet park, which, as any match-going City supporter knows, is patently not the case.
Well actually they did a few posts ago keep up, and one of our lot didn't state it was unique re-read it. Although I don't know many others that put bands on inside their ground on match days, so maybe it is ;)

Fscum = Rag mini me ........Ken. Loach mocked their hypocritical. Cake and. Eat it bollox.....ignore

Arsenal had a spot for local bands underneath the north bank at Highbury in the 90's.
Well there we go then. However considering there are probably very few examples of this in the modern day and the fact that we don't just host bands we have all sorts of entertainment I think it's safe to say that what we do could be considered doing things a bit differently.
Fscum = Rag mini me ........Ken. Loach mocked their hypocritical. Cake and. Eat it bollox.....ignore
Still the same Ken Loach that is a big fan of the club? He decided not to ignore us anyway.

No I don't need instances pointing out to me I'm aware of all of that and the book (by a current board member by the way). 'Tis however just one man's account in which there is bad blood between certain individuals as I'm sure you're aware. I'm sure you're also aware that there has never been any proven instances of wrongdoing or else there'd have been convictions so you can just as legitimately argue poor management and / or lack of transparency. Besides I was trying to work out if said person on here had a clue what they were talking about so thanks for ruining that, Was pretty obvious anyway.
Nice swerve there..... you asked for instances and you said you would respond saying if you were aware of them.
So Andy Walker's appointment..... job for the boys or decent honest appointment?
Brown Envelope..... was funding awarded that went to his company to do research on fan data?
The company lap top - wiped clean when the GM left? yes or no?

Those three are fine for now.
Of course no one was proven of anything untoward.... all the evidence was removed! Also, years ago I worked at a company and someone syphoned off 40K. He was sacked. Was he prosecuted? No. The company didn't want it getting into the news that management had been slack and inefficient and allowed someone to syphon money over a long period of time. Public image and all that.... plus, he had spunked the money anyway, so the company would be spending legal fees and getting nothing back.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.