FC United Thread

Fucking hell!
Even I played in the Manchester Cup and I really am crap at football

was that trophy called the peter swales trophy or am dreaming again hahaha i am 100% that a none league trophy or something was named after peter swales

was that trophy called the peter swales trophy or am dreaming again hahaha i am 100% that a none league trophy or something was named after peter swales
Just googled it......
The Northern Premier League
In the past the league has run three other cup competitions - the President's Cup, Chairman's Cup and Peter Swales Shield.
Last competed for in 2012 Halesowen the final winners

Just googled it......
The Northern Premier League
In the past the league has run three other cup competitions - the President's Cup, Chairman's Cup and Peter Swales Shield.
Last competed for in 2012 Halesowen the final winners

thanks matey i knew the non league had something involving peter swales name and thanks for the research in finding out it was a shield and i think curzon ashton was in a final not so long along and maybe won it

thanks matey i knew the non league had something involving peter swales name and thanks for the research in finding out it was a shield and i think curzon ashton was in a final not so long along and maybe won it
Just done a little more research (bored at work) and turns out it is the non league equivalent of the Charity Shield - winners of the Northern Premier and the NPL Cup
Curzon lost in the very last final.
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Peter_Swales_Shield.html

Just done a little more research (bored at work) and turns out it is the non league equivalent of the Charity Shield - winners of the Northern Premier and the NPL Cup
Curzon lost in the very last final.
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Peter_Swales_Shield.html

thanks again and wonder if the holders of the shield get to keep it or does it go back to the FA or should manchester city try and buy it for the club's history. i know swales was not liked at the end but many of the old players always have a good word to say about swales and i love watching that documentary that granada made called CITY

Even more chaos occurring at Pallet Park – it really looks like this ship is sinking fast…..

‘’Turn the lights off’’

‘’Fucking hell, we are fucking fucked now. Still, at least there'll be a season of everybody getting on like a house on fire before we go into administration.’’

‘’There are a number of very competent people still around the club. Getting them to put themselves forward given the atmosphere surrounding the place is the difficulty. Everyone “getting on like a house on fire” is probably our best hope at the moment.... we had a period this season when most things seemed to be going in the right direction. Having watched the forums, spoken to people over the last few games, everyone is desperate for the squabbling and arguing to stop. If we can’t sell season tickets over the next few weeks it won’t matter one jot who is on or not on the board.’’

‘’Great, i'm very much looking forward to them popping up because I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the capability of the remaining board (as a whole) to sort this massive pile of shit out.’’

‘’So many issues, serious issues. Fundamentally, in the past hard earned money contributed to the club from members, has been pissed away without any thought, to the tune of thousands of pounds being wasted or part of shady transactions.
The Loz Gill place on the board has been contentious from day one. In contrast when you have a board member who treats the members money as though it was his own, questioning and examining processes with drive and determination, it is an absolute tragedy to lose that person because that person has run in to a brick wall. Bad enough the suspension wasn't supported but the board members who abstained! FFS!
Massive questions over the CEO and the current manager and coaching staff. Looks like we have climbed on to bridge rails looking down at the water..........’’

‘’I'm very fucking tempted to post JP's version of events verbatim to force the rest of the board to fucking speak to us and step up and guide us through this shit storm (Of their own making!). Itsquite apparent where the failings are here - A chronic lack of leadership, competencies and experience. We are way past "winging it", yet here we are, winging it. Again.
We haven't paid the fucking brewery apparently. Whoop de fucking do.’’

‘’The Titanic is in nosedive position no thanks to a catalogue of self-serving and deluded egomaniacs, no better than the fucking Glazers.
The club wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for JP's whistleblowing and I doubt it will see a 2019/2020 season of football after reading between the lines and taking in the hard facts at the recent GM.
The CEO & board should address supporters on the pitch this Saturday in an attempt to unify everyone remaining.’’

‘’I don't know what to think anymore.
Do I buy another season ticket, pay into the Development Fund and pay into a separate debts fund to keep the club limping on and eventually get my shares back or do I just write off the cash now?
I definitely don't want to see MCC take the ground back if we default on our loans.
Are there any competent people willing to be co-opted onto the board? I haven't got a scooby.’’

‘’I'm buying a season ticket, but am holding back everything else (Including the donation on top of season ticket). I just have no faith that any money into the club will be spent appropriately or correctly.
That's a horrible state of affairs to be in, as i want to help as i want my investment back! But i'm not throwing any more good money on to bad money - Especially in light of the fact that Andy Walsh himself never had any of his own money invested in the whole fucking scheme despite convincing the rest of us to hand our dosh over (To never be seen again?)’’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.