Fc utd plans u-turn

weejh

A mate rang me lastnight, and as an fc utd was very angry at the councils decision to do a u-turn on their plans for the ten acre lane site (newton heath) becoming their new ground (<a class="postlink" href="http://m.fcunited.org/story.php?story_id=3458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.fcunited.org/story.php?story_id=3458</a>) He is adamant that this is somehow the work of the sheik, and that he has arranged to have this "blot on the city landscape" removed. I told him he was being paranoid , but it has got me thinking , it surely wasn't down to city was it? Our plans have been in the pipeline for nearly 2 years now, although coming just a day after the announcement by Manchester city council of the plans for sport city etc, is it too coincidental?

As funny as that would be, it's paranoia of the highest order IMO.

Firstly, I doubt Sheikh Mansour has even heard of FC United.

Secondly, the plans for City completely and utterly dwarf those plans for FC Scum in terms of the money it will generate and the jobs created. It would be mad for the council to now remove their support for all that when they know it will be hugely beneficial in the long-term.

The plans for FC Scum on the other hand were much smaller and would've had minimal positive effect compared to those at City. They're just one of a number of casualties that have come about because of the enforced spending cuts. If the mini-me Rags can't see that and feel there's something more sinister afoot then they need to give their heads a wobble.

Once a rag always a rag - rejoin your fellow fookin plastic swamp dwellers then

"you don´t come from Manchester" - " this City is ours" ;)))))

waspish said:
weejh said:
To be fair I did post on the general football forum.

Ok fair do! On my phone using tapatalk doesn't tell u!
My mate is at an fc meeting about it now, and is due to meet up with me in town after our games for a few ales. We have a history of heated debates, so let's see how it pans out later!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.