Girona FC (partnership)

Thanks for clearing it up. Another very useful global partnership link.

Not something I am overly comfortable with to be honest.

I cannot imagine supporting a club for x amount of years and then that club losing its autonomy.

I can see UEFA doing something here.
How could they do anything? Why would they do anything? The Pozzo family directly own Watford, Udinese and Granada (three top flight teams). City have a lot of clubs they're affiliated with in some way or another.

Do any of those teams win league title and upset the status quo?

Did they do anything when Chelsea were found to be controlling Vitesse Arnhem?

The fact of the matter is that UEFA's rules say that there's nothing wrong with owning multiple clubs so long as only one of them competes for any one trophy. When you try to enter two affiliated clubs into the same competition, that's when they will kick up a fuss, and heavily penalise you. Since I don't think anyone really sees Girona ever competing in the CL, and probably not even the EL, that's not likely to be an issue.

Club partnerships have been around for donkey's years. We're in it, and CFG to develop regional talent in multiple locations. If UEFA challenged it, any legal counter challenge would be stronger - "for the good of the game".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.