Girona FC (partnership)

So Girona beat Cordoba to get one step closer to promotion.

Could be a great position for us to leverage our loanees to a La Liga club next year...

Last edited:
This was kept very quite by the club, there has been no talk about this on Radio Manchester or in the M.E.N. I just hope that it turns out to be a good deal for the club. Who knows maybe we'll find another Lionel Messi out of this deal.

Rumour from over there is that Florian Lejeune would be used as a makeweight
in the transfer of Laporta.
Girona don't want to loose him as he has been in good form for them but I suppose
we could give them someone else.

Rumour from over there is that Florian Lejeune would be used as a makeweight
in the transfer of Laporta.
Girona don't want to loose him as he has been in good form for them but I suppose
we could give them someone else.

You might want to check the Laporte thread

How many partnership clubs do we have nowadays.. a dozen or more?
Mate of mine took a trip to Bangor and lo and behold, some local told him that Bangor City had a deal with City as well :D

How many partnership clubs do we have nowadays.. a dozen or more?
Mate of mine took a trip to Bangor and lo and behold, some local told him that Bangor City had a deal with City as well :D

What gets me is that we never, ever hear anything about them again. I put that, along with the Yokohama mystery, in every 'fan survey' they send. But then I never hear anything about them either!

What gets me is that we never, ever hear anything about them again. I put that, along with the Yokohama mystery, in every 'fan survey' they send. But then I never hear anything about them either!
At home, completely board and whilst I've been looking for anything remotely interesting on the net, I ventured on to the Yokohama website. There's nothing on there about City either! Thought there might be something.

At home, completely board and whilst I've been looking for anything remotely interesting on the net, I ventured on to the Yokohama website. There's nothing on there about City either! Thought there might be something.

The thing is that CFG are only a minor partner in Yokohama. Nissan invited us in to help administer their club more professionally, but at the end of the day the Marinos have always been Nissan's company team so you can kind of understand if they don't fancy letting us have too much say. If you look at CFG media material, it even shows that Yokohama is only a peripheral part of the group.

As for Girona, they are not a proper member of CFG, they are only piggybacking due to the Guardiola link between the two clubs. I can understand why CFG don't want to make the link clear by advertising Girona, since our relationship with them is not too dissimilar to Chelsea's relationship with Vitesse Arnhem, and that relationship was judged as sufficiently dodgy by UEFA as to warrant an official investigation...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.