fellini or kompany

As a Belgian I can perhaps give a little more insight....

Although Fellaini was bought as a DM, he's pretty useless in that position. He's tackling and positional play is rubbish and he won't do a good job shielding your defence. He's more a box-to-box midfielder. Although he looks quite slow and hasn't really got an acceleration on him, his giant legs enables him to burst out of the midfield and turn up in the box. He's a perfect targetman who can hold up play and make other players link up with the forwards. He has some goals in him too. All things Kompany lacks. But I do find Kompany a better footballer.
Fellaini's technical abilities are quite minimal. All you see him do a whole match is going in for high balls, winning them almost every time and playing the little pass to a teammate nearby and then make his way into the box. He's quite hard to neutralize.

Kompany plays better when he can direct play. Technically very gifted, stronger tackling than Fellaini. Not that good on high balls tho. But what flair and what vision! Just seeing him play and making it all look so simple is an indication of his class. And I find it a shame that he hasn't been able to demonstrate his rushes from the backline as he used to do at Anderlecht or the National Side. Being the sole DM at City, I think he has specific instructions to remain in his place but he can bring so much more. He used to pick up the ball when he played as a CB and just slot in between the midfield and rush down half the pitch launching a dangerous attack. He gained a lot of muscle tho, since he left Anderlecht. Might have influenced his game a bit. But he doesn't really have that ability to become dangerous around the box as Fellaini does.

But, I've got no reason to complain. We've got both of them in the national squad. And then can complement eachother just fine. Although Kompany always plays in the back four. He brings the needed calm and footballing solutions to that place and we've got some other great players in the middle of the park that can replace him there aswell. Like Defour of Standard Liege, who some of you might know, or Vertonghen of Ajax who has one of the best left foots I've seen since Frank De Boer, launching perfect balls at the wingers from deep inside the own half. In the future Vertonghen might play next to Vince in the central of the defence and the former Liege boys in the middle of the park.

All under 23, they'll form the spine of the best Belgian national team since the eighties.

Greyco said:

Although Fellaini was bought as a DM, he's pretty useless in that position. He's tackling and positional play is rubbish and he won't do a good job shielding your defence. He's more a box-to-box midfielder. Although he looks quite slow and hasn't really got an acceleration on him, his giant legs enables him to burst out of the midfield and turn up in the box. He's a perfect targetman who can hold up play and make other players link up with the forwards. He has some goals in him too. All things Kompany lacks. But I do find Kompany a better footballer.
Fellaini's technical abilities are quite minimal. All you see him do a whole match is going in for high balls, winning them almost every time and playing the little pass to a teammate nearby and then make his way into the box. He's quite hard to neutralize.

Kompany plays better when he can direct play. Technically very gifted, stronger tackling than Fellaini. Not that good on high balls tho. But what flair and what vision! Just seeing him play and making it all look so simple is an indication of his class. And I find it a shame that he hasn't been able to demonstrate his rushes from the backline as he used to do at Anderlecht or the National Side. Being the sole DM at City, I think he has specific instructions to remain in his place but he can bring so much more. He used to pick up the ball when he played as a CB and just slot in between the midfield and rush down half the pitch launching a dangerous attack. He gained a lot of muscle tho, since he left Anderlecht. Might have influenced his game a bit. But he doesn't really have that ability to become dangerous around the box as Fellaini does.

But, I've got no reason to complain. We've got both of them in the national squad. And then can complement eachother just fine. Although Kompany always plays in the back four. He brings the needed calm and footballing solutions to that place and we've got some other great players in the middle of the park that can replace him there aswell. Like Defour of Standard Liege, who some of you might know, or Vertonghen of Ajax who has one of the best left foots I've seen since Frank De Boer, launching perfect balls at the wingers from deep inside the own half. In the future Vertonghen might play next to Vince in the central of the defence and the former Liege boys in the middle of the park.

All under 23, they'll form the spine of the best Belgian national team since the eighties.

Could you tell me a bit about Axel Witsel if possible mate?

Greyco said:

I bet you are going to have a great international team for a number of years to come.

carrconormcfc said:
Greyco said:

Could you tell me a bit about Axel Witsel if possible mate?

Versatile midfielder, played as a winger with Liege before Fellaini left. Liege switched from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 then and he plays more in the center of the pitch next to Defour with Defour staying more in the center, shielding the defence and Witsel being the one who makes the runs from the midfield, infiltrating the gaps.
Technically better then Fellaini and Defour, also the youngest of those 3 Liege talents. Very confident on the ball, can easily pass an opponent and would be outstanding if he had a bit more pace in him, although he isn't really slow, just missing those quick feet in the limited space. As raw talent, most in Belgium rate Witsel highest. Fellaini and Defour are the kind of players that are the big fish in a little pond, but don't really make it with the big teams imo. Defour makes a little team like Standard Liege better, he really is the heart of that team, runs his *** off and inspires the rest of the team to reach a higher level. And Fellaini is a player you can base a playstyle on, just look at Everton vs Hull in the first half. Hull had no solution for him, all long balls to Fellaini who won the duels and link-up play from Arteta, Pienaar Cahill and Osman.

Here in Belgium there have been some strong rumours linking him to Athletico and Arsenal. Although it's important for him to leave a small league as the Belgian one, it's too soon for him to go to a team from the big four. He would be great for Aston Villa I believe. Eventually he could become a player good enough for big teams, never as one of the superstars of that team but he would hold his ground.

The 2 big Belgian talents not yet snapped up by a topflight team already play abroad. Moussa Dembélé of AZ Alkmaar, 21 years old, is one of the best players in the Dutch Eredivisie. The other one is Eden Hazard, just turned 18 last week and plays for Lille. He's my biggest favourite of the new generation, and possibly the greatest Belgian talent since Scifo. He's a Messi-kind of player, very quick feet and incredibly strong in the little spaces. He was the biggest thing on display, next to Bojan, 2 years ago on the -17 EC in Belgium, although he was a year younger then most players there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTyv2oh5AA Hazard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoLg-Uzio8o Dembélé

All Belgium need now, is a great goalscorer and we'll be a decent darkhorse for the upcoming years.

Can't agree with some of you guys ....... i reckon Felleine has been a good acquisition for Everton.

I thought he played really well for them at our place , one of their best players on the day even though they left him upfield on his own most of the time ... and he's been very noticeable every time i've seen him play ...... . decent target man , puts himself about a bit , good in the air , gets goals ...... what more do you want?

His only 'bugbear' is that he seems to pick up a few bookings.

Kompany though , has been just as effective for us in his own way .......... they're different types of players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.