Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were always meant to press to take away passing options and not the passer itself. The 2 closest to the ball will hound the passer, but the rest has to cover the near passing options, leaving the other side of the pitch uncovered.
Yes, precisely. But Fernando failed to cut off the pass to Erikson - was no where near close enough to do so and one can only guess that he did not realize what was going on - whereas Kolarov was trying to cut off the pass from Walker to Wanyama but was a step or two short of doing so.

As you say, we "shadow press" - completely different than Liverpool's man pressing.

That said, Fernandinho's "open man" trap is a new twist on the scheme for me.

Yes, precisely. But Fernando failed to cut off the pass to Erikson - was no where near close enough to do so and one can only guess that he did not realize what was going on - whereas Kolarov was trying to cut off the pass from Walker to Wanyama but was a step or two short of doing so.

As you say, we "shadow press" - completely different than Liverpool's man pressing.

That said, Fernandinho's "open man" trap is a new twist on the scheme for me.
Yes Pep's press is different than Klopp's. Klopp just have everybody swarms around the ball.

The same person is saying that he is fine and expected to start the next game. I watched the Bolivia game and he only trotted around the park. Played well but conserved his energy for City (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.