Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised nobody has mentioned his performance yesterday. Thought he was excellent again. Sold himself on one occasion which lead to them cutting us open (my only criticism of him) but I suppose that's the risk you take with him. Nobody can press that much without occasionally getting done. Overall was superb. His performance had a bit of everything. And a superb header as well.

Sky set up their jynx for him bagging a goal yesterday. "It's a year to the day tomorrow since Fernandinho last scored a league goal for City".

Right on queue, bam.

I think nobody has mentioned it because he's been consistently outstanding for so long that people expect it of him now. How he doesn't get more praise from non-City fans i'll never know. Right up there with the very best midfielders in the game. Can't help but still think his role means we don't see the very best of him as i believe he's got more to offer going forward but it's for the good of the team and he's been doing that since we signed him.

Talked to a few supporters of other clubs on our best players. Most mention Aguero and Silva, also Kompany and Yaya get a mention. A few are surprised when I say that Fernandinho is perhaps our most important and yet our most underestimated player.

A lot of it is down to how the media portray our players. When Pep informed the incognoscenti of the media how good he was I did think they were finally 'noticing' what we already know.

Although the defending was not good, the sheer velocity of that header yesterday was worthy of positive comment but not a sausage. Pep was certainly delighted at it as if was a well-rehearsed move.

His role in the team is vital, probably more so than any other player. He was quality before Pep he is even better now.

Vastly underrated player, selfless never say die spirit, I actually love the bloke, one of my all time favs already along with Zab ... Just love these players that will run through brick walls for the cause!!!!

The most irreplaceable player we have. Shame he's in his 30s, I want him to go on forever!

In a strange way once he was booked he played even better because he had to be more focused and delicate. His only fault IMO is that he rushes in sometimes too strong or ill timed. When on a card he is more careful and IMO is even better. Weird.

He was POTY last season, and see nothing has changed so far this season. Hopefully, more than a few will give him a run for his money.

Always at least a 7, but often a quiet and effective 9. He can play anywhere and do anything asked of him. Brazilian James Milner :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.