Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was excellent before his bans,that seems to have affected him and he seems hesitant,hehasn't turned from one of our best players to shite

I depair of short memories on here,i have a shit memory and i haven't forgotten how good he was and will be again

He won't Karen. His best days are gone.

Sterling, De Bruyne, Ottamendi, Bravo (laughably to some) , Sagna, Delph (again laughably to some), Fernando ( see Bravo and Delph), Kelechi, Kolarov, Caballero.....do I need to go on?

At least the majority agree that Clichy and Navas are shite so I haven't named them.

I was expecting a clutch, not a squad. :-)

He can't possibly go from great to shit in 3 months or so,well see what happens next season,i think he will be good but if not we'lll have to talk again

He is 32 this week. I can't see him getting any better. He has had a terrible season. Poor performances since Novemeber and terrible discipline.

That's the problem. Our best players are still the ones from pre 2012.

Our signings on the whole have been dross.

This window is absolutely crucial. If we get this wrong then we will be playing catch up again.

Thing is, assuming you are correct, it would be almost impossible to get it right in one window. Five/Six of the players you identify are regular starters, but even if they were all replaced with better players, there will inevitably be a drop off in form/quality from some of the others that remain. I agree, however, that this window will be highly indicative.

Thing is, assuming you are correct, it would be almost impossible to get it right in one window. Five/Six of the players you identify are regular starters, but even if they were all replaced with better players, there will inevitably be a drop off in form/quality from some of the others that remain. I agree, however, that this window will be highly indicative.

I agree. Next season could well be a transitional one too. Seems to be the buzz word at the minute despite getting the "best" manager in the world who we were after for 3 years but seemingly didn't consider what players he might have wanted.

It's been underwhelming to say the least after the start we had.

That's the problem. Our best players are still the ones from pre 2012.

Our signings on the whole have been dross.

This window is absolutely crucial. If we get this wrong then we will be playing catch up again.
I agree absolutely and I remember last season I got into a series of debates with a couple of guys who were more than willing to put all our blames on Yaya Toure. His attitude leaves a lot to be desired I know but I did my best to explain that much of the team needed fixing. Painfully it's worse this season. There is no problem in spending big. The problem is in spending big on a position and needing to upgrade that position 12 months down the line. Spending more in a season sometimes is an indication that you have not spent well in the last season or past few seasons. Take this hypothetical situation. You spent on 3 positions last summer that needed urgent addressing, 30m each. If by this season you realised that you could do better in the market signing players for the same positions as the ones you spent on last season, you'd come to the sad realizaton that there'd be few other areas where you could manage last season but not anymore as those players probably would have regressed and so you find yourself spending 30mil times 5 this season. This is where we are. Lastly, I caught up on an argument between Domalino and another here. I have to say I respect Domalino and I agree with most of his posts because he has a way of backing his points with good facts and for the record he's one of my favourite posters here, but on this one I tended to agree with the guy who suggested that we target guys that are a bit matured. Now don't get me wrong it shouldn't be set on stone but I'd suggest that at least for this window let us concentrate on getting players whom we'd be sure as to what they'd bring on the table now, who have good few years at least on their belt coupled with the opportunity to still grow because they are still young (early 20s preferably). Again there are teens that already look like they are in their mid twenties in intelligence and physique so it's not cast on stone. But bye and large I'd like us to focus less on potential at least this season. Based on the foregoing, i wouldnt go for Tielmans, that Anderlecht wonderkind this season. In any case i think we have to rethink our strategy in the market. We really need to.

I agree absolutely and I remember last season I got into a series of debates with a couple of guys who were more than willing to put all our blames on Yaya Toure. His attitude leaves a lot to be desired I know but I did my best to explain that much of the team needed fixing. Painfully it's worse this season. There is no problem in spending big. The problem is in spending big on a position and needing to upgrade that position 12 months down the line. Spending more in a season sometimes is an indication that you have not spent well in the last season or past few seasons. Take this hypothetical situation. You spent on 3 positions last summer that needed urgent addressing, 30m each. If by this season you realised that you could do better in the market signing players for the same positions as the ones you spent on last season, you'd come to the sad realizaton that there'd be few other areas where you could manage last season but not anymore as those players probably would have regressed and so you find yourself spending 30mil times 5 this season. This is where we are. Lastly, I caught up on an argument between Domalino and another here. I have to say I respect Domalino and I agree with most of his posts because he has a way of backing his points with good facts and for the record he's one of my favourite posters here, but on this one I tended to agree with the guy who suggested that we target guys that are a bit matured. Now don't get me wrong it shouldn't be set on stone but I'd suggest that at least for this window let us concentrate on getting players whom we'd be sure as to what they'd bring on the table now, who have good few years at least on their belt coupled with the opportunity to still grow because they are still young (early 20s preferably). Again there are teens that already look like they are in their mid twenties in intelligence and physique so it's not cast on stone. But bye and large I'd like us to focus less on potential at least this season. Based on the foregoing, i wouldnt go for Tielmans, that Anderlecht wonderkind this season. In any case i think we have to rethink our strategy in the market. We really need to.

We do. Our strategy considering we must have known Pep was likely to come has been flawed for a few years.

Time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.