Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought if anything, in the second half it was just physical tiredness that set in as he not only misjudged that tackle but also miscontrolled a relatively easy ball which then evolved into that Stones block. But other than (I know it sounds silly) he was amazing, like that through pass to Jesus or how quickly he reacted after our saved penalty...

If the game had stopped at minute 45, he was MOM by a mile. By the end, he was one of our worst performers. His position is probably the one that worries me most, he has been brilliant so far this season but I do worry about lack of rotation for him. The poor guy could be on his arse by Christmas.

If the game had stopped at minute 45, he was MOM by a mile. By the end, he was one of our worst performers. His position is probably the one that worries me most, he has been brilliant so far this season but I do worry about lack of rotation for him. The poor guy could be on his arse by Christmas.
Agree - needs a rest to recharge his battery

I actually think Fernandinho was someone Sarri mentioned at half time to stop us playing out from the back so effectively, they will have seen stats on the amount of passes he was getting through(BT highlighted it early on, might have even passed on notes to their dressing room knowing them ;) ). They seemed to specifically put him under a lot of pressure in that second half and he didn't get much support from Dave or De Bruyne to compensate for it, although we do need rotate and provide cover for him in some games because he gets through more work than most as it is.

We need an extra pivot when he is being specifically targeted with the high press. Last night the smart thing was to take Walker off, invert his replacement and use him as a pivot, much in the same way we do with Delph. Personally, i'd have replaced Walker with Gundogan, moved Fernandinho to right back (bearing in mind, he is only in that position when Napoli have the ball) and played Gundogan as the main pivot, with support from Delph and Dinho either side of him. Napoli weren't actually creating any of their own chances, so it's not as though Dinho would have been exposed on the right. Failing that we could have just swapped Walker for Danilo and inverted him as a pivot when on the ball. When our full backs invert, it is important that other midfielders drop 5 yards and it's important that Sane and Sterling maintain their width as this will still allow us to have a variety of passing options. I don't think this really happened last night, and it meant that De Bruyne and Silva's influence lessened as they saw less of the ball.

He worked his nuts off and tired 2nd half,he had to take down the player for the pen as about 4 of the others let the guy waltz through

He needs a rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.