Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the most important player in our team, the only one I worry about getting injured as we have no one to come in for him. Absolutely imperious today. We need to get a backup in for him though as he's so crucial both with and without the ball.

From what I've seen from Delph so far this season, he could fill Fernandinho's role too pretty good with bit of Pep's training.

Literally the most important player in our team, the only one I worry about getting injured as we have no one to come in for him. Absolutely imperious today. We need to get a backup in for him though as he's so crucial both with and without the ball.
Same guy deputizing for Mendy will probably be his main replacement. And Danilo can switch to RB.

But hope he stays healthy and Pep gives him his deserved rest.

Agree.

Still one of the most underrated players in the world for me.

Same guy deputizing for Mendy will probably be his main replacement. And Danilo can switch to RB.

But hope he stays healthy and Pep gives him his deserved rest.
Don't really fancy Delph in there tbh, think he becomes a bit of a headless chicken and a bit of a ball chaser when he's given that bit more freedom, the more defined role he's in seems to bring the best out of him. Fern somehow consistently makes the right decision as to where he needs to be in that role and I really don't think there are many others who could do that, his ability to quickly start counters as well goes under the radar, but when he breaks up an attack he's so quick to get that first pass forwards before the other team can react. Not convinced Delph or Danilo have that in their locker, while Yaya looks truly ponderous.

Gundogan might be the next best option, but I don't think we'd get nearly as much defensively out of him

Loved his pass to Sane for the counter that led to Aguero's goal. Perfectly weighted.

immense and i would probably agree with the above poster,he may be our most important player,such a clever footballer,only worry is he doesnt get burned out hes playing alot of games and hes not our youngest player,im not sure pep trusts any one in our squad to play in his position though and give him a rest.Pep seems to have lost faith in yaya,Gundogan possibly play there but hes doesnt have the defensive qualities of dinho,maybe Delp,its a weak spot for us in the squad.

He was brilliant again. His energy has always been unbelievable but I think Pep has him playing at another level. He always comes over as a top top guy as well. One of our most important players since the takeover.

It goes without saying without this guy is at the heartbeat of the team he is virtually irreplaceable.

Don't really fancy Delph in there tbh, think he becomes a bit of a headless chicken and a bit of a ball chaser when he's given that bit more freedom, the more defined role he's in seems to bring the best out of him. Fern somehow consistently makes the right decision as to where he needs to be in that role and I really don't think there are many others who could do that, his ability to quickly start counters as well goes under the radar, but when he breaks up an attack he's so quick to get that first pass forwards before the other team can react. Not convinced Delph or Danilo have that in their locker, while Yaya looks truly ponderous.

Gundogan might be the next best option, but I don't think we'd get nearly as much defensively out of him

Fully agree, I think he's near irreplaceable currently, that's not just within our squad. He's a mix of Kante & Gundogan. Probably not as dynamic as Kante but close and not as gifted on the ball as Gundogan but again close. He really is fantastic.

I believe Pep is working very hard with Danilo regards cover for Fernandinho. Danilo has the engine and the passing to cover, if he can improve like every other player has then he'll be great cover.

I was told Guardiola was working with Delph all last season and the Delph revelation is of no surprise to the squad.

Love Fernandinho, been one of our best and most consistent performers for a few years now. I bet he could play a more advanced midfield role aswell if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.