Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by mavsmcfc, 26 Aug 2017.

1. Mike N

Mike N

Fantastic last night.

2. Dax777

Dax777

That was Debryune-esque

3. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

We are indeed blessed with an amazing squad where we literally have replacements for everyone but dino seems like the only irreplaceable player we have in the squad at this moment. One of the most underated players of his time. I know our attacking players get all the plaudits but dino contribution week in week out allows them to do the magic they do. Beast

4. Rolee

Rolee

They swapped roles momentarily, DeBruyne did well to nick the ball on the edge of our box and then Fern thought if you're taking my job then I'll do yours.

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

Fantastic performance last night.

I have just been reading an old thread. The negative comments about this man were incredible. He is the one team member without a comparable replacement at the moment.

6. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Not qualified to comment
    He's the glue, simple as. Often gets shaded by others performances but never ever is he anything other than first class.

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

I was just watching the Napoli highlights and thinking he deserved a little bit more credit for the part he played in Aguero's goal, it was a good tackle, a tidy dribble and a perfectly timed Silva-esque pass that sent Sané on his way. I thought similar in the goal away to Chelsea too almost no credit but it all started with him.

There's the things that are missed like his covering, tackling and ball retention from the back but he's contributing massively in attack too in more games than we give him credit for.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
  8. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

But Jorginho was not called to the nt.
    In Brazil 4-1-4-1 Fernandinho is bench and Casemiro starter.
    Tbf the game that Fernandinho started instead of Casemiro against Argentina, Brazil won 3-0 and was the best performance of the nt in years.

9. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    As I was told in another thread, Tite doesn't tend to mix things up with his teams and goes for players he knows best. Given how they're playing it'd be brave for him to change things up now. It's for the same reason Ederson is unlikely to make the first team.

10. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    Ederson will be the number 1 going into the World Cup!!