Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never doubted him, nor been in the camp that he was losing what he had.

He does what he does, he's not the greatest passer of all time, but he shouldn't need to be.

Excellent today, after a shaky start I thought, but most of the rear end of the team had a shaky start, for the first 10-15 minutes I thought we resembled something from primary school level in organisation.

I still don't think he's necessary when we play these teams that park the bus. They tend to bypass our midfield with route one stuff so we'd be better off with a more attacking player in the position (Touré, even De Bruyne)

But in games like today, where the football is open and the ball stays on the floor. Fernandinho really stands out. In a good way. For all the reasons everyone has said.

If anyone saw that performance today and still doesn't get why so many of us rate him, they'll never understand what he brings to the team.

I've never doubted him, nor been in the camp that he was losing what he had.

He does what he does, he's not the greatest passer of all time, but he shouldn't need to be.

Excellent today, after a shaky start I thought, but most of the rear end of the team had a shaky start, for the first 10-15 minutes I thought we resembled something from primary school level in organisation.

Saying that he's not the best passer of all time implies that he's not such a great passer - which couldn't be further from the truth.

Me thinks his stint at RB last season, something that was completely foreign to him, has had an effect on people's perception of his performances.

I still don't think he's necessary when we play these teams that park the bus. They tend to bypass our midfield with route one stuff so we'd be better off with a more attacking player in the position (Touré, even De Bruyne).

I hate comments like this, it shows such a complete lack of understanding of the game it's embarrassing.

Remind me again how the opening goal against Brighton was scored? Then do the same with the opening goal against Liverpool?

Winning possession back high up the pitch and quickly is equally if not more important than having an additional attacking player when it comes to scoring the opening goal, especially against 'park the bus' teams. It's very often the only time when those teams are vulnerable because they're out of position while trying the odd counter-attack. I won't even mention Fernandinho's through ball to Aguero for Jesus' goal yesterday, just to prove he's got more than enough passing ability.

I hate comments like this, it shows such a complete lack of understanding of the game it's embarrassing.

Remind me again how the opening goal against Brighton was scored? Then do the same with the opening goal against Liverpool?

Winning possession back high up the pitch and quickly is equally if not more important than having an additional attacking player when it comes to scoring the opening goal, especially against 'park the bus' teams. It's very often the only time when those teams are vulnerable because they're out of position while trying the odd counter-attack. I won't even mention Fernandinho's through ball to Aguero for Jesus' goal yesterday, just to prove he's got more than enough passing ability.
Jeez no need to be a cúnt about it. If I'm wrong about this correct me in a civil manner, don't say I know nothing.

The opening goal against Brighton came from a KDB interception btw, not a Fernandinho one. Maybe you have a lack of understanding as to how to watch football. High pressing is good and all. But Henderson can press high up the pitch. There's far more to the role than that. You'd know obviously.

And slicing open a 10 man Liverpool who were all over the place doesn't tell me anything. As someone who actually watches full City games I can see that his passing is limited. One admittedly fantastic pass doesn't make up for all the times he's got it wrong.

And btw I said he had a great game against Liverpool. And said he was perfect for that type of game. Maybe read the whole post before your snap judgements.

Last edited:
Jeez no need to be a cúnt about it. If I'm wrong about this correct me in a civil manner, don't say I know nothing.

The opening goal against Brighton came from a KDB interception btw, not a Fernandinho one. Maybe you have a lack of understanding as to how to watch football. High pressing is good and all. But Henderson can press high up the pitch. There's far more to the role than that. You'd know obviously.

And slicing open a 10 man Liverpool who were all over the place doesn't tell me anything. As someone who actually watches full City games I can see that his passing is limited. One admittedly fantastic pass doesn't make up for all the times he's got it wrong.

And btw I said he had a great game against Liverpool. And said he was perfect for that type of game. Maybe read the whole post before your snap judgements.

Your original post stated we shouldn't use Fernandinho in games against opposition teams who park the bus, now considering two of our opening goals this season have already come as a direct result of us (with Fernandinho at the heart of it) quickly regaining possession high up the pitch I think your post is naive and ignorant to that fact. By playing a more attack minded player you're effectively losing some of that ability to regain possession.

1). I never said the Brighton goal came from a Fernandinho interception, that's you making an assumption. Try looking 10-15 yards back and see who cuts off the passing option which means the Brighton player hesitates which allows De Bruyne to intercept/regain possession, its Fernandinho.

2). The opening goal against Liverpool was also scored within two passes of Fernandinho helping to regain possession.

Now in fairness my reply was a bit over the top so my apologises but when you post something so ignorant to what has actually happened you question whether they just watch the ball or if they see how players can have an affect/effect (pick the right one) even when they're not directly involved. Anyway my apologises, I am a **** most of the time as most on here know but I'm especially bad at the moment with how little sleep I'm getting with a baby at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.