Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a very fine season and was one of our best last night, when in many way he did an incredible job but I have to wonder if he could or should have done more to prevent some of the goals conceded in the last couple of games? Maybe at times, we ask too much of him.

Not looking forward to playing Spurs without him.

Good afternoon Ming the Merciless!

He's had a very fine season and was one of our best last night, when in many way he did an incredible job but I have to wonder if he could or should have done more to prevent some of the goals conceded in the last couple of games? Maybe at times, we ask too much of him.

Not looking forward to playing Spurs without him.

Same here, Dinho's been fantastic but I thought he could have done more to stop Mane in the build up to their first goal, It was just too easy for Mane to shrug him off.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-top-ten-central-midfielders-of-the-season

Getting some due praise in this article. It has been nice to see the general perception of Fern in the media is now approaching that of City fans. He's been criminally underrated for years.

Nice to see.

In relation to the bit on DeBruyne however, most specifically this bit

"Let there be no revisionism over this Manchester City midfield. As the start of the season dawned, it seemed likely that an ageing Yaya Toure would be a regular starter, an ageing Fernandinho would be his back-up"

is so, so wrong. The reason Yaya was getting a game last season is because we had full backs not fit for purpose and so the verstaile Fernandinho had to fill in at full back.

What City fan went into this season not expecting our midfield trio to be Fern, Silva and DeBruyne?

The takeaway from that compilation is that, with better finishing, Dinho could be rivaling Leroy, Kev, David, and Raheem for assists this season.

He is an absolutely brilliant player and, in my opinion, one of the best midfielders the Premier League has ever seen.

Should have been in the team of the year. Silva and De Bruyne get all the attention because of their creativity but what this guy does for your team is underrated. Without him your midfield wouldn't be as solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.