Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCFC FOX said:
Just thought I would say your chant for this player is quality, it sounded really good from our side. This and the Kompany song.

As for our side being quiet. Admittedly we was. We was out sung. But there is a reasoning. To your left hand side next to the away fans is normally our singing block. But at first they was given to you so we all had to relocate and we was scattered around the top of the ground all over the place and very little songs was created. But as you didn't sell that block is what given back to us and current season ticket holders in our singing block had 2 days to move back or they would be sold to anyone. Some moved back some didn't and it was half full of day trippers.

Got the same problem at City. In Cup games the South Stand which contains a fair few singers is shipped out for away supporters. Not right at all

stony said:
He's starting the get recognition from fans of other clubs too.
This is from redcafe

Rag 1 said:
Can anyone who has watched them closely this season, expand on how they're managing to consistently get these brilliant counter attacking situations going at home no matter who the opposition? Against Arsenal, Spurs and us, they somehow got themselves into situations where they had great numbers around the half way line running at an equal or lesser number of opposition defenders and have used that to absolutely murder sides.

What are they doing to get into those situations? Is it their pressing as a unit or their two in the middle tackling extremely well? Maybe something else?

Barca fan said:
For me, Fernandinho has been key

Rag 2 said:
It's what I've been reading. These last couple of months, I've found it very hard to watch any football, even missed some Utd games, so I haven't seen him recently, but apparently he's settled very well. I didn't rate him at all at the start of the season, he seemed lost and didn't seem to contribute at all, but that was to be expected for a newcomer to the league.What I've read from unbiased football fans is that he's become really important for them . What kind of player is he exactly? A box to box?

Barca fan said:
My exposure to him was always limited to the number of times Barcelona faced Shakhtar but I started watching City matches once the draw was announced for the knockouts. Definitely box to box, similar to Paulinho in many respects but, honestly, I think Fernandinho is better. Truth is, Big Phil has a history of ignoring Brasilians who don't play in Europe or Brasil but certainly those in the Ukraine are way off his radar.

It would be hard to justify his exclusion from Brasil, IMO. He is key to what Pellegrini is trying to accomplish with your local rivals. Impressive engine transitioning from winning balls deep in defense to spearheading attacks going forward. A very complete midfielder.

That post just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks.

stony said:
He's starting the get recognition from fans of other clubs too.
This is from redcafe

Rag 1 said:
Can anyone who has watched them closely this season, expand on how they're managing to consistently get these brilliant counter attacking situations going at home no matter who the opposition? Against Arsenal, Spurs and us, they somehow got themselves into situations where they had great numbers around the half way line running at an equal or lesser number of opposition defenders and have used that to absolutely murder sides.

What are they doing to get into those situations? Is it their pressing as a unit or their two in the middle tackling extremely well? Maybe something else?

Barca fan said:
For me, Fernandinho has been key

Rag 2 said:
It's what I've been reading. These last couple of months, I've found it very hard to watch any football, even missed some Utd games, so I haven't seen him recently, but apparently he's settled very well. I didn't rate him at all at the start of the season, he seemed lost and didn't seem to contribute at all, but that was to be expected for a newcomer to the league.What I've read from unbiased football fans is that he's become really important for them . What kind of player is he exactly? A box to box?

Barca fan said:
My exposure to him was always limited to the number of times Barcelona faced Shakhtar but I started watching City matches once the draw was announced for the knockouts. Definitely box to box, similar to Paulinho in many respects but, honestly, I think Fernandinho is better. Truth is, Big Phil has a history of ignoring Brasilians who don't play in Europe or Brasil but certainly those in the Ukraine are way off his radar.

It would be hard to justify his exclusion from Brasil, IMO. He is key to what Pellegrini is trying to accomplish with your local rivals. Impressive engine transitioning from winning balls deep in defense to spearheading attacks going forward. A very complete midfielder.

From people who cover Brazilian National Team extensively this is what's holding him back at the moment from Scolari's perspective. He has his preferences and dosent know who to put him ahead because he doesn't know what he is.

He fancy's Paulinho and Sandro on one end, then playing Oscar box to box and Rameries, Lucas and a couple of others.

hallstreetblue said:
n_mcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7NZUFHENaE[/youtube]

This should be the Silva chant!

Ole Ole.
Ole Ole Ole.
David Silva Ole
David Silva Ole
David Silva Oleeee

Sing it once. Stick in YouTube. Viral. Done.

Mate, I suggested this for a new Pellegrini chant (see Pellegrini Chant thread page 18) no cnut went with it. I think it's fookin mint.
this needs to be sung

Amazing player, he will carry us on his shoulders these busy weeks.

Extremely high and even performances and contributes both offensively and defensively. As a box-to-box, he might even be slightly better than Yaya, although not as a prolific goalscorer.

Seems like a true professional as well.

I really hope he gets in the Brazil team this summer. He should have tried to move to a bigger league sooner. It's crazy he has 0 caps and Ramires has 40.

SuperYaya said:
I really hope he gets in the Brazil team this summer. He should have tried to move to a bigger league sooner. It's crazy he has 0 caps and Ramires has 40.

Actually he has 5 caps. It's still astonishingly few for a player of his quality. A fantastic all round player. If he carries on as he has been doing he'll be a contender for our player of the season.

jaigurugoat said:
SuperYaya said:

Actually he has 5 caps. It's still astonishingly few for a player of his quality. A fantastic all round player. If he carries on as he has been doing he'll be a contender for our player of the season.
I was talking to a Brazilian friend and he told me they are more inclined to get players that played in brazil and than moved out and those who moved out early in their carrier and haven't won any thing in Brazil will come second or are less likely to be picked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.