Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which midfield 3? I have a feeling we'll keep 4-2-3-1 and it would be a rotating 2 with those 4 options.

And IMO Pogba and Yaya will be the preferred pairing even though there's defensive weakness there, and Aranguiz and Dinho would be the alternatives. That way all three of PP, DB and RS will play.
Defensive weakness is an understatement, especially given yaya's current laziness. Plus I think pogba yaya and ferna all play a cm role now, and I can't see us letting ferna go unless it was for a amazing price. Fernandinho is the player who can hold up play and allow the other two to show their offensive prowess. Personally I'd love to see a midfield 3 of ferna yaya/pogba and silva, regardless of the combo ferna is an incredibly underrated and relied upon defensive minded cm. I also think not allowing yaya and pogba (two midfielders known for scoring) to move forward and attack would be a diservice to both of them

Anything over £20m and i would take it and get aranguiz. Great player dinho but not getting any younger and by the sounds off it £20m would get us aranguiz and delph!

No chance he should go, as long as we don't need the money then he has to stay.

His age shouldn't be a concern yet as long as he's not having to do Yayas running for another season.

He is the more dynamic and holistic de jong the club were seeking when they got rid of de jong for a perceived limitation in his game...... we got there eventually. Would be a great shame to lose him now. Does he count as a foreign player in the same vein as Fernando? Or is there a difference with EU nationality? As far as I understand Fernando is a Portuguese national right?
EU nationality has no bearing on premier league squad selection, as long as they have a work permit. You're thinking of the Spanish league.

No, he simply doesnt need to move. He gets regular fist team football here, is also winning trophies and gaining more skills as a player here and can only get better.

Fernando on the other hand...

Anything over £20m and i would take it and get aranguiz. Great player dinho but not getting any younger and by the sounds off it £20m would get us aranguiz and delph!
He might not be a spring chicken but he's incredibly fit and has a fantastic appetite for the game....I believe he could play at the same level for the next 3 seasons.IMO it would be foolish to release a player who has proven to be very effective for us and who appears to be very happy here.

There's enough of a squad upheaval going on without selling any of our best players.

Dinho clearly looks after himself very well so there's no reason why he can't play at the same level well into his thirties. Absolutely no reason to move him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.