Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and Yaya made Arsenal's midfield look like it wasn't there. Which, now I mention it, did anyone see Ozil?

His best ever game in a City shirt and by a long way. I didn't think he had that in him, I really didn't. He's set the bar now though, that is the level he has to be at most weeks, not once every two years.

When we are against a team camped in their half, he offers nothing. In the first half aside from being partly to blame from the goal, he just offered nothing going forwards and slows down play a lot.

However, when we are level or a goal ahead, and we go into that high press, winning the ball high up mode - he's absolutely phenomenal. He wins physical battles and headers if they clear it long, he makes interceptions and tackles if they try and play out, and his work rate and pressing ability is second to none - plus when he wins it back, he'll run forward and actually makes some decent dummy runs to occupy a defender if we're breaking.

Today was just like Barcelona, we got into that aggressive press mode and he really impressed.

I really like him, have done since he came back from the groin injury, but now I think he's really carving out a niche in the squad. Would love to see him coming on in big games when we go 1 or 2 up.

Perhaps Aleix Garcia to start, then Fernando to come on when we're ahead next time we're against someone like Watford at home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.