Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando was poor last night. Irregardless of it being a meaningless game, his short comings were very evident. The ball always seemed to be half a yard too quick for him (I know that makes little sense), he was slow getting the ball under control despite being under little pressure and he gave the ball away in fairly dangerous areas with really bad passing. He quite clearly isn't good enough to play an important role in our team and never has been. There's no shame in that, and we can get away with him being a stand in in a game like last night or even in a PL fixture against mediocre opposition. But what happens if he has to play against a stronger side in a make or break game? It will cost us. He's not really a bad player but he's not close to the level required and the same probably goes for Delph and Navas. Reputationally (not even a word) they are fine squad players but I don't think either really possess the sort of attributes that make them suitable for his kind of fluid system.

Fernando had a 94% pass completion rate vs Real Madrid. He was involved in our best european performances.

Him & Yaya have barely kicked a ball in serious football since last season. Of course they are off the pace.

I think many were saying exactly the same thing about Kolorov only a few weeks back and look where we are now.

Yer many people were myself included tbh. I hope Kolorov keeps its up. On Fernando, i just don't see anything in him, i hope i am proved wrong but cant see him being here in the next 12 months and at the moment he is very limited. He wasnt as fluid on the ball yesterday and seemed to slow play down a lot.

Yer many people were myself included tbh. I hope Kolorov keeps its up. On Fernando, i just don't see anything in him, i hope i am proved wrong but cant see him being here in the next 12 months and at the moment he is very limited. He wasnt as fluid on the ball yesterday and seemed to slow play down a lot.

I was simply highlighting the turnaround by a player that most people on here couldn't get rid of quick enough and now, he seems to be appearing on everyone team sheets. How fickle are we as fans. Never a dull moment with us

Fernando was poor last night. Irregardless of it being a meaningless game, his short comings were very evident. The ball always seemed to be half a yard too quick for him (I know that makes little sense), he was slow getting the ball under control despite being under little pressure and he gave the ball away in fairly dangerous areas with really bad passing. He quite clearly isn't good enough to play an important role in our team and never has been. There's no shame in that, and we can get away with him being a stand in in a game like last night or even in a PL fixture against mediocre opposition. But what happens if he has to play against a stronger side in a make or break game? It will cost us. He's not really a bad player but he's not close to the level required and the same probably goes for Delph and Navas. Reputationally (not even a word) they are fine squad players but I don't think either really possess the sort of attributes that make them suitable for his kind of fluid system.

that`s a new one on me.

I think many were saying exactly the same thing about Kolorov only a few weeks back and look where we are now.
Most puzzling for me is Nasri. I thought that Nasri would fit very well into Pep's system but it seems he's on his way - lack of effort on Nasri's part?

Fernando had a 94% pass completion rate vs Real Madrid. He was involved in our best european performances.

Him & Yaya have barely kicked a ball in serious football since last season. Of course they are off the pace.
I don't disagree that he's not at his optimum but having constant difficulty controlling the ball and misplacing simple passes imo isn't something I'd necessarily associate with a lack of sharpness. It's not like he's been dropped into the middle of the game after 3 months on mars. He has still trained, he's still gone through rigorous warm ups before the game.

I do agree that he played well in some big European games last season but he also very neatly cost us against PSG. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just think there's too big of a drop off in quality between Dinho and Gundogan and Fernando and Delph, especially in terms of ability on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.