Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a squad player, who is there if we need him, or to help us rest the key players.

If he had all the attributes people are talking about, he would have to play, all the time, therefore someone else would have to be left out.
He might fill in if we play a dual pivot. Our build up would suffer though. If we're in a single pivot lineup, Fernando could not play.

IMO our backup players will possess all the attributes Pep desires once he has a chance to completely revamp the squad. Whether you're a starter or a squad player is determined by how completely you fulfill the skill set.

Last edited:
He might fill in if we play a dual pivot. Our build up would suffer though. If we're in a single pivot lineup, Fernando could not play.

IMO our backup players will possess all the attributes Pep desires once he has a chance to completely revamp the squad. Whether your a starter or a squad player is determined by how completely you fulfill the skill set.

If everything goes according to Pep's planning, he doesn't need Fernando. If suddenly Stones & Kolarov get their arses handed to them & KDB, Silva get bursted by a few Prem midfields, he will need Fernando. He's got him.

If everything goes according to Pep's planning, he doesn't need Fernando. If suddenly Stones & Kolarov get their arses handed to them & KDB, Silva get bursted by a few Prem midfields, he will need Fernando. He's got him.
Pep knows only one style of play though. He exclusively plays this style because he thinks it's the best way to win. Moreover, Pep is fanatical about football. For example, he requires that players check in in the morning and eat breakfast with the squad to ensure that everyone is on the right diet. No detail, no matter how small is missed.

So while I agree with you in principal, I think that Fernando will be used sparing this season and will be sold next. As I said, he's a great destroyer, but he lacks what Pep looks for.

Pep knows only one style of play though. He exclusively plays this style because he thinks it's the best way to win. Moreover, Pep is fanatical about football. For example, he requires that players check in in the morning and eat breakfast with the squad to ensure that everyone is on the right diet. No detail, no matter how small is missed.

So while I agree with you in principal, I think that Fernando will be used sparing this season and will be sold next. As I said, he's a great destroyer, but he lacks what Pep looks for.

I've already said I think he'll be gone next season.

Pep has played Boateng & Javi Martinez in front of he back 4, & will do stuff like that when it suits him. In the future he won't need Fernando, as he almost certainly has others who can do that job as good or better, already at the club & will find that out by testing them. Right now, he has Fernando.

I've already said I think he'll be gone next season.

Pep has played Boateng & Javi Martinez in front of he back 4, & will do stuff like that when it suits him. In the future he won't need Fernando, as he almost certainly has others who can do that job as good or better, already at the club & will find that out by testing them. Right now, he has Fernando.
+1

Spot on and, to that end, he has to be given regular game time from the bench to ensure he (and others) is up to speed when such eventualities arise.

So which player don't miss place two or three passes ?
Please enlighten us .
I can only assume i was watching a different game to everyone else. Plenty of players misplace passes during a game and it is normally difficult to even remember them doing so. Fernando's misplaced passes were easy to remember because 1) - They landed us in danger, 2) - They were ridiculously telegraphed and 3) - They were very simple passes. On top of that he frequently got caught with the ball in between his feet and frequently over ran the ball.

But he has a 94% pass success rate or whatever so he's mint.

I can only assume i was watching a different game to everyone else. Plenty of players misplace passes during a game and it is normally difficult to even remember them doing so. Fernando's misplaced passes were easy to remember because 1) - They landed us in danger, 2) - They were ridiculously telegraphed and 3) - They were very simple passes. On top of that he frequently got caught with the ball in between his feet and frequently over ran the ball.

But he has a 94% pass success rate or whatever so he's mint.

And 4) - they were desperately slow;
He takes too long on the ball, slowing us down before hitting a 20 yard square ball.
I hope never again to see a teamsheet with him and delph playing in the middle.

Not seen his name mentioned much post game but I thought he was great when he was brought on. Really helped us get back in control of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.