Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Woy secretly wants the transfer funds from a Torres sale but obviously can't come out and say that as he'd get pilloried by the dipper fans.

bluemoon32 said:
Maybe Woy secretly wants the transfer funds from a Torres sale but obviously can't come out and say that as he'd get pilloried by the dipper fans.

Sale´s off then - must have heard that Kenny´s a shyster and the Syrian guy is a joker

The Fixer said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300333/Roy-Hodgson-admits-mega-bid-land-Fernando-Torres.html?

Oh dear Roy. Not the best way to build team morale is it?

"Well, Fernando I am very glad you are staying but we would have sold you if a 50 million bid had come in, but it hasnt - yet"

"Masch, we are still waiting for a large bid to come in for you but I hope it doesnt, but if it does, well, who knows"

pbibs said:
The Fixer said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300333/Roy-Hodgson-admits-mega-bid-land-Fernando-Torres.html?

"Well, Fernando I am very glad you are staying but we would have sold you if a 50 million bid had come in, but it hasnt - yet"

"Masch, we are still waiting for a large bid to come in for you but I hope it doesnt, but if it does, well, who knows"

oyyy...queue another 300 pages of I told you Fernando is coming to City.

To be fair to Roy though, I think he's just stating the obvious which is that any team will sell their best assets when they can. He also mentioned that it could be a hypothetical situation at the start of next season and not this.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am --<br /><br />
Blue Phil said:
Matt Diablo said:
strange comments from Woy..... i'd keep the bedside lamp on for a few more weeks yet
It was always irrelivant what Torres said on the matter. Kaka said he wanted to captain Milan and play his career out there... Untill Milan accepted an offer. If we bid £50million he will be our's.

Not exactly though mate. We can bid all we want for him and Liverpool can accept all they want but he would need to agree to personal terms with us in order to push it through. I'd put my money on Chelsea to secure him if he does move this summer.

I wonder if the sudden change in who the new owner may be could affect whether Torres wants to stay. I seriously doubt that Yahya Kirdi has as much money as Kenny Huang.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5436260/yahya-kirdi-canada-based-group-advanced-talks-purchase-liverpool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_ ... -liverpool</a>

Associated Press

LONDON -- A Canadian-based consortium led by a Syrian businessman said Wednesday that it is close to buying Liverpool from the club's American owners.

The statement from Yahya Kirdi, who is representing a group of investors from the Middle East and Canada, came hours before Chinese investor Kenny Huang said he is also contemplating a takeover of the Premier League club.

Dallas businessman Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. put the team up for sale in April amid pressure from banks because of the club's $374 million of debt. Hicks also owns baseball's Texas Rangers, which filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. The Rangers were scheduled to be sold at auction Wednesday in Texas.

Martin Broughton, who was brought in as chairman to oversee the Liverpool sale process, said he hopes a buyer can be found before the transfer window closes Aug. 31.

Kirdi, who is now a Canadian resident, said his group is in "advanced negotiations" with Hicks and Gillett.

"Agreement has been reached on all major terms including the purchase price, repayment of the existing bank debt from RBS [Royal Bank of Scotland] and Wells Fargo and financing of a new stadium in Liverpool's Stanley Park," Kirdi's group said in a statement. "A formal purchase agreement between the parties is in the final stage of negotiation."

Kirdi, who also oversees investments in Europe and North America, pledged to invest in the squad, which dropped from Premier League runner-up to seventh place last season -- denying them a spot in this season's Champions League.

"Liverpool is a massive football club with passionate and proud fans in Merseyside and in every part of the world," Kirdi said. "With additional money to improve the squad and financing in place to build the new stadium, LFC will be on a solid foundation to compete in the Premiership and in Europe for years to come."

Kirdi could face competition from Huang, the chairman of Hong Kong-based investment company QSL Sports who issued a statement Wednesday expressing his interest in the club.

"Mr. Huang would like to emphasize that he has registered interest in investing in Liverpool FC but has made no formal bid," his Hong Kong representatives said.

Huang is co-chairman of both the National Basketball League of China and the Chinese Baseball League.

While Liverpool's Premier League campaign begins against Arsenal on Aug. 15, the five-time European champions host Rabotnicki on Thursday in the Europa League's third qualifying round, leading 2-0 from the first leg.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 pm --<br /><br />Another story on the new possible owner of 'pool, apparently this guy Kirdi is fairly close to Gillette and Hicks and based off the comments 'pool fans are making about this guy I sincerely hope his group takes over the club. They all believe he will run the club in the exact same manner as G&H.

August 4, 2010

* Comment
* Email
* Print

The waters of Liverpool's proposed takeover have been muddied by the public pronouncements of a potential new suitor in a Syrian businessman heading up an Arab and Canadian consortium and Kenny Huang's denial that he has made a bid for the club.

Martin Broughton faces the press

ClintHughes/GettyImages

Martin Broughton: Brought in to facilitate Liverpool sale of club in spring

• Torres: I'm as committed to Liverpool
• Investors deem shares ''worthless''
• Blog: Ownership change and Torres

Following the denial from Chinese-American businessman Huang, the new group, led by Canada-residing former Syria international Yahya Kirdi, now claim to be in advanced discussions with the Premier League club, and to be finalising a purchase price, repayment of debt and even seeking financing for Liverpool's long planned new stadium in Stanley Park.

The unloved co-owning duo of George Gillett and Tom Hicks were reported to have received an offer from Huang, but he now appears to have taken a step back.

''Mr Huang would like to emphasise that he has registered interest in investing in Liverpool FC but has made no formal bid,'' said a statement. ''There has been much speculation and commentary from a wide array of people, many of whom have little knowledge of the facts.

''Unless there is a statement that specifically comes from Mr Huang or his authorised representatives, which presently is solely Hill & Knowlton Hong Kong office, we would suggest such comments should be given little credence.''

Gillett is reported to have introduced Kirdi to senior Anfield staff and the Royal Bank of Scotland. The club owes the institution a reported £237 million.

A statement from Kirdi said: "The group is in advanced negotiations with Thomas Hicks and George Gillett, co-owners of Liverpool Football Club, to purchase 100% of the club.

"Agreement has been reached on all major terms including the purchase price, repayment of the existing bank debt from RBS and Wells Fargo and financing of a new stadium in Liverpool's Stanley Park. A formal purchase agreement between the parties is in the final stage of negotiation.

"Liverpool is a massive football club with passionate and proud fans in Merseyside and in every part of the world. With additional money to improve the squad and financing in place to build the new stadium, LFC will be on a solid foundation to compete in the Premiership (sic) and in Europe for years to come."

Kirdi was linked with a possible takeover back in April, with nothing coming to fruition but is now back among a group of interested parties - six, according to chairman Martin Broughton - who are linked with the club.

Under new rules on club ownership announced by the Premier League on Tuesday, all prospective owners are obliged to give the league 10 days' notice of a takeover and prove they have the funds to sustain the club.

Liverpool and a number of parties contemplating a takeover have already contacted the Premier League to alert them that a change of ownership could be imminent

With Fernando Torres committing his future to the club to follow Steven Gerrard in pledging allegiance to Roy Hodgson's new Anfield broom, the dark skies of season 2009-10 look to be clearing for the Reds.

The majority of the club's fans will be heartened by the seemingly imminent departure of the North American owners. RBS appointed former airline exec Broughton as chairman to find new owners when they decided to place the club up for sale in April.

macmanson said:
pbibs said:

oyyy...queue another 300 pages of I told you Fernando is coming to City.

To be fair to Roy though, I think he's just stating the obvious which is that any team will sell their best assets when they can. He also mentioned that it could be a hypothetical situation at the start of next season and not this.

-- Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am --

Blue Phil said:
It was always irrelivant what Torres said on the matter. Kaka said he wanted to captain Milan and play his career out there... Untill Milan accepted an offer. If we bid £50million he will be our's.

Not exactly though mate. We can bid all we want for him and Liverpool can accept all they want but he would need to agree to personal terms with us in order to push it through. I'd put my money on Chelsea to secure him if he does move this summer.

I think you need to read between the lines a little, but not too much. He is saying that Torres is staying this season because a large bid has not been made this transfer window. If a bid, of say £50 million had gone in but the club wanted him to stay, then surely they would have said "Torres has pledged his future to Liverpool and we are delighted. That is why we rebuffed the £50milion bid from............." In fact what they are saying is that they would be very very interested in accepting a substantial bid.

pennypennytannerbob said:
SWP's back said:
Do tell....

SWP: I won't repeat for obvious reasons but it was certainly nothing to do with Pam's/your very amusing spat with Warhawkmoski (just in case you were wondering.) The person responsible for some careless stereotyping is probably serving a yellow card.
I did wonder if you thought I was being racist in calling warhawk a thick yank. Thanks for clearing that up.

If Liverpool are out of the Top4 in December he will leave Liverpool in January and goes to City or Chelsea. Maybe heve even goes if Liverpool are out of the title race.

I find it amusing that they could be exchanging a couple of Americans for a couple of Canadians..... Surely they have learnt that "consortiums" dont really work. I think unless they are taken over by a single person (Like us and Cheslki) then there will always be arguments regarding transfers, fee's, and money in general being spent at the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.