Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
CTID101 said:
As well as Fernando we need to be picking up whoever is the head of scouting in South America.

Staggering amount of players are picked up ahead of seemingly everyone with no competition, I understand that there are work permit issues that don't affect Portuguese clubs like most others but still!
The problem is more that they can afford to buy a lot of them, play them all without any real fear of dropping below 2nd/3rd place and let them develop. Some of them develop into valuable players, others don't. We can't afford to do that, we can't have players who aren't good enough playing for us.

They also have a lot of traction with South American dealmakers, as Portugal is the only country in the EU that allows 3rd party ownership, so agents can move their talents to Europe, yet retain a large amount of their financial rights
I thought that Russia and Ukraine allowed third-party ownership. Is it really only Portugal? If so then that makes much more sense.

This and only this said:
BigOscar said:
CTID101 said:
As well as Fernando we need to be picking up whoever is the head of scouting in South America.

Staggering amount of players are picked up ahead of seemingly everyone with no competition, I understand that there are work permit issues that don't affect Portuguese clubs like most others but still!
The problem is more that they can afford to buy a lot of them, play them all without any real fear of dropping below 2nd/3rd place and let them develop. Some of them develop into valuable players, others don't. We can't afford to do that, we can't have players who aren't good enough playing for us.

They also have a lot of traction with South American dealmakers, as Portugal is the only country in the EU that allows 3rd party ownership, so agents can move their talents to Europe, yet retain a large amount of their financial rights
I thought that Russia and Ukraine allowed third-party ownership. Is it really only Portugal? If so then that makes much more sense.

Unfortunately, Russia's not in the EU. Otherwise, I would fly to England for City games and in EU for friendlies and CL clashes... Dreams...
Anyway, not sure about the existenceof this law in RFPL's legislation

SlimShadyRus said:
This and only this said:
BigOscar said:

Unfortunately, Russia's not in the EU. Otherwise, I would fly to England for City games and in EU for friendlies and CL clashes... Dreams...
I meant the UEFA reckoning of Europe, so Zenit/Dynamo/Lech being licensed to play in "Europe".

MSP said:
Doesn't Spain allow it too?

And in Italy two or more clubs can share an ownership of the player.

Defiantly. Falcao had 3rd party ownership which is why he went to Monaco. Not sure if he still has 3rd party ownership or not but Monaco was the only club willing to pay the 60m transfer and they wouldn't let him go anywhere for less than that.

Italy defiantly has clubs that share ownership of players. Not sure if they have the 3rd party ownership like the South American players do or not.

This and only this said:
SlimShadyRus said:
This and only this said:

I meant the EUFA reckoning of Europe, so Zenit/Dynamo/Lech being licensed to play in "Europe".

UEFa, you mean. When you say EU it means EU. Especially as there's limits for non-eu players

Watch how happy Fernando is to get a red card in this youtube video.....funny! ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAe2w3su7bw&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAe2w3su ... e=youtu.be</a>

dachoosen1 said:
Pointing out to a lot of people on here Fernando wasn't joining us for free in January he was costing around 8 mil but we couldn't agree the double deal, we could have signed a pre contractual agreement in January and he would join for free next month but he choose to sign a new deal with Porto in a hope of making the world cup but it didn't work out, he took a shot, like everyone on here I wish he didn't sign the new deal but he did. That's the hand that was dealt he is a top player with a long term contract I think Porto are doing us a favour here he is worth a lot more then we are paying!
+1 for a sensible post on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.