Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falastur said:
B\connellblue said:
I'm still not convinced by these guys. The don't seem to be able to move any of the deadwood on, some of which they brought to the club to begin with. And where the fuck did former Blackburn chairman John Williams disappear to?

They only just cleared £50m/year off our wage bill. What are you expecting? Several of our players who need moving on simply can't be anyway. It's the same issue as trying to get rid of Crocky, Bridge etc. Simply put, they're all on high wages that only the clubs who don't want them can afford. The only way to move these players on is either to agree to pay 90% of their wages for another several years after getting rid of them, or let them sit in our squad doing not very much. You can't blame them for not doing things which are literally impossible. It's for this very reason that the players we are now signing are being signed on low wages with high performance-related clauses, but the simple fact is we need to sit back and wait a few years for our current players on the high salaries to be filtered out of the system.
Thank you. at least you have explained what they are doing in a measured way. Not the usual smart arsed response.

B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:
I'm still not convinced by these guys. The don't seem to be able to move any of the deadwood on, some of which they brought to the club to begin with. And where the fuck did former Blackburn chairman John Williams disappear to?

I'm interested, who do you think Ferran and Txiki brought to the club?
Garcia for starters. I imagine they've had an input in all transfers since they arrived. I was expecting a wealth of future superstars signing for us! Not players heading towards the twilight of their careers.
must not bite must not bite,<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

Garcia for starters. I imagine they've had an input in all transfers since they arrived. I was expecting a wealth of future superstars signing for us! Not players heading towards the twilight of their careers.
must not bite must not bite,

BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

None of last summers signings were made by Ferran and Txiki. They were Mancini's signings. They both started after last summers window had shut. Have you completely ignored the work they have done off the pitch with new sponsorship, infrastructure and reducing the wage bill. Future superstars aren't what's needed as a priority, we need a squad that competes here and now and this summer has got us that. They've done unbelievable work all around the club. We are now a well oiled machine which wreaks of professionalism and quiet confidence which Ferran and Soriano have played a huge part in. The future superstars will come, the new training facility will see to that
Again thanks for that. Most of last season on here the party line was that they were not mancini signings but were more or less forced on him. I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour!

B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

In as much as fans might think Garcia is garbage, the coaches don't agree. Mancini didn't think he was garbage, nor does it seem Pelegrini does. Just the fans. Simply put, the coaches haven't decided on Garcia yet. Sure they might not think he is starter good, but they rate him enough to keep on the team. This happens everywhere.

Chelsea fans hate Mikel for example (an opinion that is shared here and around the league), Yet thru 4 managers and counting, somehow every new manager drops him, puts in someone they believe is better, only to revert back to him again. This has happenned time and time again. I like most think Mikel is crap. But one has to wonder how 4 top class managers kept reversing their earlier opinions and reinstating him as a starter. He can't shoot, isn't much of a tackler, doesn't have pace, doesn't get forward e.t.c. and makes the types of mistakes fans remember. Yet he keeps hanging on.

I see a lot of Mikel in Garcia. Even though Garcia has not gotten his long run in the side yet. But as of right now, he is still highly rated by the coaching staff. In CM, as much as fans hate it, he is the #3 guy. After Yaya and Dihno, Garcia is the next name on the sheet. Before Milner, Before Rodwell, and certainly before Barry. Yet he is despised to no end here.

Sadly, I don't like him either. But I am smart enough not to substitute my intelligence for that of people who do this for a living, and have done it at a high level for a very long time. Even though I am sure they are wrong :P

So lets hold our horses ont he coaches conclude Garcia is not worthy.

Arrh! fuk it! He is shaite! :))

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

None of last summers signings were made by Ferran and Txiki. They were Mancini's signings. They both started after last summers window had shut. Have you completely ignored the work they have done off the pitch with new sponsorship, infrastructure and reducing the wage bill. Future superstars aren't what's needed as a priority, we need a squad that competes here and now and this summer has got us that. They've done unbelievable work all around the club. We are now a well oiled machine which wreaks of professionalism and quiet confidence which Ferran and Soriano have played a huge part in. The future superstars will come, the new training facility will see to that
Again thanks for that. Most of last season on here the party line was that they were not mancini signings but were more or less forced on him. I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour!

Good man. It'll be worth the wait

BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

Last summer's signings weren't Mancini's. It's pretty clear - "his" signings were the RVPs and so on that we were being linked with, but Brian Marwood had been briefed by Khaldoon to not agree to pay the high transfer fees, so he missed out on all of Mancini's targets. Then he ended up rushing through the B or C grade targets that his scouts had identified when it became clear that nothing was happening with the top targets. For failing to sign any of the top targets, Khaldoon then kicked him out of his role and brought into Sorriano and Txiki. It's pretty obvious that Mancini didn't really want any of the players he got simply by how rarely he picked them,

Falastur said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

Last summer's signings weren't Mancini's. It's pretty clear - "his" signings were the RVPs and so on that we were being linked with, but Brian Marwood had been briefed by Khaldoon to not agree to pay the high transfer fees, so he missed out on all of Mancini's targets. Then he ended up rushing through the B or C grade targets that his scouts had identified when it became clear that nothing was happening with the top targets. For failing to sign any of the top targets, Khaldoon then kicked him out of his role and brought into Sorriano and Txiki. It's pretty obvious that Mancini didn't really want any of the players he got simply by how rarely he picked them,

he (Mancini) also did not want NDJ to go, but unfortunately Marwood (and maybe his boss) deemed NDJ as unworthy of £100k a week, as not being a flair player - fuck me how wrong were they

Falastur said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

I agree. Hopefully Ferran and Txiki are doing some good work but it is too early to say. We have just spent £90m on five players who will hopefully do well. However, they could have got Demichelis for free a month ago and selling Tevez and releasing Kolo for a total of £10m isn't all it is cracked up to be. Anyone could have released RSC and Bridge at the end of their contracts and "made savings".

We are still not signing our main priority targets like Cavani and Isco a d the sacking of Mancini was a PR disaster. Hopefully, the new sponsorship deals are very lucrative but increasing income in the upper echelons of the EPL is not the toughest gig one could get.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Tim of the Oak said:
Falastur said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

I agree. Hopefully Ferran and Txiki are doing some good work but it is too early to say. We have just spent £90m on five players who will hopefully do well. However, they could have got Demichelis for free a month ago and selling Tevez and releasing Kolo for a total of £10m isn't all it is cracked up to be. Anyone could have released RSC and Bridge at the end of their contracts and "made savings".

We are still not signing our main priority targets like Cavani and Isco a d the sacking of Mancini was a PR disaster. Hopefully, the new sponsorship deals are very lucrative but increasing income in the upper echelons of the EPL is not the toughest gig one could get.
Cavani was overpriced and isco wanted madrid, so what do you want them to fukin do hold a gun to their head???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.