Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

You can guarantee they'll all be back for Southampton on Wednesday despite the crap weather and the journey home.
Yes but they'e already paid for next Tuesday with their season ticket price, but are asked to pay more for the CL (and other cups), its up to them to decide if they pay or not, there is also a large number of people who actually dislike the champions league and its format.

It bugs me when people are calling out their own for not attending certain games, leave it the cretins that support other clubs, and yes I did before you ask, getting home from a night shift at work yesterday morning at 08:00, leaving home at 11:45, and finally getting home at 15:30 this afternoon, and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and can't get hung up over how many were there.

There is obviously an element of comparing how we have been playing recently, but I simply felt last night we were stifling ourselves in midfield with players not up to speed (not their fault btw), through lack of game time. Passing and movement was slow which (again comparing to us of late was quite frustrting)

I particularly thought Silva was a waste on the wing as he only has one foot and is so predictable.

Also, we were quite powder puff up front until we got the goal, which was a fantastic one.

All in all though a great result obtained.

There was a lack of intensity to much of our play but the pressure was essentially off for that game and it's bound to have an effect. I wasn't frustrated by the pace of our game; only by our failure to capitalise on good opportunities. There was a lot of nearly stuff.

I've just watched the game again and we were not poor.

You won't get many arguments that Bernardo is best suited to playing inside.

I agree, we weren't "poor", it looked to me like we hardly got out of first gear, yet we could and probably should have won by 3 or 4. Feyenoord did defend quite well, in an organised way, but they were poor overall, possibly the worst team I've seen in the CL since that hammering in Amsterdam that we got, where we failed to turn up, or put much effort into.

There had been lots of talk about resting players, but even some of them that were selected, rested on the pitch. The defence wasn't really tested, but they were solid, the only real scare was when Ederson had the first half brain fart, but that was his only blemish. I thought KdB was in first gear until he was subbed, and he didn't find space like he normally does (down to not having David Silva and Fernandhino for me). Like you I can't understand the stick Yaya got, either on here or at the ground, I think he misplaced one pass, and he must have had more on his own than Feyenoord in total, yes a lot were short 5-10 yards, but he just keeps the ball, and at times dropped into a a back 3 while Walker, and more particularly Danilo got forward.

The only one who I thought was "poor" was Sergio, who reinvented himself into some his worst selfishness, I'd have taken him off personally as he just wasn't part of the team.

On the subject of "team", I don't know what people expect, changing 7 players is never going to be ideal, but so few of that team have actually played together, so they were bound to be a bit off the pace, and Sterling on the left still doesn't work for me, and as soon as him and Bernardo swapped, we improved. I'm not sure what Gundogan's role really was, he is no David Silva that's for sure, but that time on the pitch will benefit him greatly.

At the end of the day, we made 7 changes, yet still completed the job, with some valuable rest achieved too, but I'd like less changes per game, and a little more surgically managed personally.

I don't know if Kev didn't find space mainly because of absent friends or Feyenoord doing a good job of denying him space.

Yaya misplaced 2 passes out of 90, one long, one medium.

Not Aguero's best day and Gundogan wasn't doing enough but then made the pass of the game for his assist; although Yaya made a great pass to Aguero who might have been in on goal but for an incorrect offside flag.

There was a lack of intensity to much of our play but the pressure was essentially off for that game and it's bound to have an effect. I wasn't frustrated by the pace of our game; only by our failure to capitalise on good opportunities. There was a lot of nearly stuff.

I've just watched the game again and we were not poor.

You won't get many arguments that Bernardo is best suited to playing inside.
Just musing. Do you think if we needed to win that game last night to qualify, you would think differently to our performance?

What was going on with Sterling’s celebration? Looked like he was having a bit of a go at someone in east lower?

I don't know if Kev didn't find space mainly because of absent friends or Feyenoord doing a good job of denying him space.
He didn't seem particularly man marked, but often had three close by, he didn't seem to have the normal amount of green grass round him, which I put down to them worrying less without David, and not having Fernandhino snapping at their heels.

Yaya misplaced 2 passes out of 90, one long, one medium.
Pretty much what I thought.

I haven't bothered with the 250 mile round trip. I can't stand UEFA and hate the way we have been treated by that corrupt bunch of cheats. They tell everyone not to sell alcohol whilst they slurp Chateau Neuf de Poop in their (free) corporate area. They do their damnest to keep us down whilst giving a leg up to old guard rags.
And don't get me going on parking and traffic and unnecessary queues to get in ...
Those that go are doing a good job by booing their jingle. I'll go when I want and I'm not losing any sleep because a few blue seats allow other fans some schoolyard jibes. If you find that embarrassing then have a day off school tomorrow
Very understandable, comrade blue.

The direction of his passes is not key to tempo: City go back and sideways for a reason and Yaya frequently plays the ball quickly in the direction he is facing. Short passes are what Guardiola wants!
Not to mention that, by the time the team mate has the ball, Yaya has moved into a position to receive the next pass. I do wonder what some people watch.

Just musing. Do you think if we needed to win that game last night to qualify, you would think differently to our performance?

I'd expect a different performance and line-up in those circumstances so I'd be more surprised and disappointed in the performance but still would not class it as poor.

Again, it depends on how you want to define poor. I just don't think that a below average performance by City is necessarily a poor performance. City would have to be further below average than last night to be genuinely poor. I think it was Nev that expressed the view that we played some stuff last night that many teams can only dream of. We are just spoiled rotten at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.