Feyenoord (h) pre-match thread

Feyenoord (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really not worried with this one being at home, Pep really has a incredible home record (if debruyne buried that chance last December he would be undefeated), 1 home loss in almost 2 years is pretty damn good

Rest kdb and dinho. Maybe walker and delph too if possible. However, I think it’s really important to keep our winning run going so not too many changes.

And I say if we do, bring them on , who do you think will be more not looking forward to it.

This is the thing that always puzzles me. For some fans uefa are still rigging the draw to hamper us, So they will give us one of their darlings in the knockout stage.

I'm sure Real, Bayern or Barca will be thanking uefa for that :)

Rest kdb and dinho. Maybe walker and delph too if possible. However, I think it’s really important to keep our winning run going so not too many changes.

Walker and Delph? I really think that's a bridge too far. You're basically taking away all the serious protection on the flanks for the central defenders. And given that that's going to be, at best, Otamendi and Kompany (and personally I'd rather keep Vinny in cotton wool for the league games, where we are absolutely going to need him over the next six weeks, in the absence of Stones – although I can't say I'm comfortable about Otamendi and Mangala as a pairing), that's a big ask. Then if you put Bravo behind them, even Feyenoord are capable of scoring once or twice.

Obviously, these things are impressionistic at best, but neither Walker nor Delph look in the least bit jaded to me. They look like two players who can run and run, at present.

Walker and Delph? I really think that's a bridge too far. You're basically taking away all the serious protection on the flanks for the central defenders. And given that that's going to be, at best, Otamendi and Kompany (and personally I'd rather keep Vinny in cotton wool for the league games, where we are absolutely going to need him over the next six weeks, in the absence of Stones – although I can't say I'm comfortable about Otamendi and Mangala as a pairing), that's a big ask. Then if you put Bravo behind them, even Feyenoord are capable of scoring once or twice.
Understand what you're saying about the defenders, but Bravo's displays this season have been pretty impressive,
without the howlers we saw last season.

Understand what you're saying about the defenders, but Bravo's displays this season have been pretty impressive,
without the howlers we saw last season.
I think the most sensible decision would now be a Walker - Otamendi - Mangala - Danilo defence. Walker, unlike Stones, played only one international game last week so hopefully it wouldn't be such a big risk though I'm already shitting it. Delph had some problems according to Pep and with Stones out we cannot take any more risks with Kompany so I think apart from whether it's Delph or Walker who gets a rest, the back four pretty much picks itself.

So what? If we win, then we have the belief to go on and win the trophy. If we lose, then no shame in losing to a strong team and we can concentrate on the PL, FA Cup double.
Nice perspective. However (and I have no way of knowing if this is true) I get the impression our owners want to see progression in the competition, i.e. final or winning it. Semis at least. I think anything less than the semis would be viewed as a failure, irrespective of who we draw.

Nice perspective. However (and I have no way of knowing if this is true) I get the impression our owners want to see progression in the competition, i.e. final or winning it. Semis at least. I think anything less than the semis would be viewed as a failure, irrespective of who we draw.

I'm pretty certain that that's the brief for this season. A domestic trophy of some sort (preferably, the title) and semis of the CL. The Sheik would reasonably wnat to have a sense that we're moving along in the CL. Given what we've spent, and who we've now got in charge, that doesn't seem too much.

Play reserves result doesn't matter, keep first team fresh for weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Result doesn't matter?

Nonsense. Confidence and impetus is everything.

Change the side but it's a must win for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.